just got my first maxima clam. couple questions.

if all you say is correct, the meter must be bad. it can't be only 285. i'd try to see if it reads differently at lfs.
online payments only. paypal. no checks.

Hmmm.. I wonder. The guy at the lfs didn't really give much instruction aside from "press this power button and stick this probe in the tank".
I didn't mess with any settings. Perhaps something was wrong with the meter. I was kinda rushed with my testings, lfs charges $30 a day to rent the par meter, which is ridiculous, but the only one I found so far with a par meter, so I had a few hours to do it and just took his word that it was setup correctly or that it was as simple as he stated.

how is your clam Lucky...I have 2x 250 MH running
phoenix 14k bulbs. I am also interested in a clam, but on the sand. However, Deresa clams are not as desirable in the color category.

So far so good.. seems to be extending well, responding well. Week 1 has been a success.

He has attached his foot to the rock I placed him on and seems to be happy. I take that as a good sign.

Just a quick update for anyone that cares.

Seems the clam is doing very well. Foot is firmly attached to rock, and everyday he has had nice mantle extension, and both siphons look great.
On a great note, I think, I believe he is releasing excess zooxanthellae as the past few days I've noticed a long, brown hair like strand conning direct from his outbound siphon. I can only hope this is a sign that my lighting and par is more than sufficient if this is "excess" zooxanthellae that he doesn't need.
Overall I'm very happy with this addition to my tank. Looking forward to watching him grow. I guess you can say say he and I, well, we're both happy as a clam.

Back