Just submited my request for an aquaculture permit........

AD91158

I finally got around to submitting my request for an aquaculture permit. Not as easy of a process as I thought it would be considering there is no existing form within my state. Hopefully I get approval by march and can start assembling my grow out system. Just thought Id let you guys know of some progress.

No, to have a large land based aquaculture facility (id say 500 gallons or greater) you must request a permit. For the most part it is just to make sure water usage and discharge is to code. Frag tanks are ok. coralfever Im in the fairfield area.

i have alot more then 500 gallons of water. but im doing it as a hobbiest so they cant regulate it ( only trades for now)
then ill apply once im all done next year :)
save 50 bucks only have to apply once no sense applying halfway throu the year just to need it again in 6 months

CT has no application fee. But be careful when designing your system because the larger your system is, the more the state requires you to treat your discharge. I got lucky and all im going to need to do is chlorinate. Also A.T.T.R. you beter be careful with setting up before being approved. I know for a fact that I cant set up my system until I get approval form the state. There are several fines imposed, not to mention they can shut you down. There are alot of environmental laws surrounding aquaculture that have recently been established. If your system is a great deal larger than 500 gallons I would think twice about requesting a permit.

Back