Just switched to T5's

coralfragger101

Gone Postal
My first purchase was online but I need to make a slight modification in bulb choice.

Any place local sell the 48" ATI Blue Plus ?

Congrats! I love my T5s and Im happy with the growth and coloration of the corals... I always order from either DIY Reef or ReefGeek. I have not been able to get that bulb locally..

I can't help with finding a bulb, maybe ask Coral Reef Farm if they can get ATI bulbs in, but I just wanted to say that I can't wait to see the tank, and see how everything turns out with new lights.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14810962#post14810962 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReefWreak
I can't help with finding a bulb, maybe ask Coral Reef Farm if they can get ATI bulbs in, but I just wanted to say that I can't wait to see the tank, and see how everything turns out with new lights.

The frags from you are still in the frag tank under a MH light - growing and holding their color. The main tank, although not much is in it, IS doing better.

I'm not exacty pleased with the bulb combo which is why I want to make a change or two but I'll get it there. It's a nice crisp white now (which is nice) but I guess I'm too used to seeing the LED's that were more towards the 20k look.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14810967#post14810967 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Speckled Grouper
coralfragger, do you still have your power supplies from the Solaris? One of mine just blew......

Taking care of in PM - You can take my aptasia with you too :)

hey chuck, not sure ur combo but throw a UVL super actinic in there. was my favorite actinic bulb for t5s will make your corals pop alot more and more colors will pop too.

i ran them all ab, blue+ ge sun, etc. sold my t5 lights to andrea a while back.

Chuck, nice to meet you and thanks for letting me borrow the Power Supply.

I really like your new lights, makes me jealous since I am stuck with that crappy Solaris for now.

i just got the uvl 454 they are like the blue plus and all i can say is wow!!! i really like them. i myself just switched over to all t-5s im runing 8 54 watters and right now im really liking what im seeing.

Re: Just switched to T5's

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14810031#post14810031 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by coralfragger101
My first purchase was online but I need to make a slight modification in bulb choice.

Any place local sell the 48" ATI Blue Plus ?

I believe Eco Reef in Pompano stocks T5 bulbs, not sure what brand(s) they carry. Most LFS don't, your best bet is to order online to get exactly what you want.

Quite a few stores carry Geisemann bulbs; however, I have looked around quite a few times and have never found a store that carries ATI.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14814359#post14814359 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by coralfragger101
I wanted the ATI's so went ahead and ordered online. thanks guys.

Just curious, but what didn't you like about the Giessemans?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14817510#post14817510 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jdg
Just curious, but what didn't you like about the Giessemans?

Geisemanns are not bad bulbs; however, most ATI bulbs put out more PAR than Geisemann bulbs.

Back