K2 viper on 12g nanocube.

Fuegan

Just wondering if anyone uses one?

Im not happy with the way mine is mounted on the aquarium. I am thinking I should screw a piece of plywood into the wall behind my aquarium and attach it to that.

Id appreciate any sort of mounting ideas / tips.

Thanks in advance.

ya it doesnt get low enough does it ?? i really wish i could mount it lower. im using the 150 watt over a 20 inch deep 28 gallon.

Really? I have mine really high... I just got this tank though so still just a bunch of tester corals... but seems like it is a LOT of light for a 12g...

BTW Mine is mounted directly to the tank... previous owner epoxy'd it, lol. It's not going anywhere!

i have a 70w viper mounted on my 12 gallon aquapod and it does fine. When I upgraded the light I had to slowly acclimate it by putting it as high as possible and running it for 4 1/2 hours then slowly lowered it and increased the time it was on

It doesnt really feel secure enough. I am doing an acclimation but it just doesnt seem to get low enough with a flatter angle.

I think that I am going to make a mounting bracket on the wall behind the aquarium a few inches below the top of the aquarium.

Thanks for the input.

Pics would help... There are like 3 elbows... you should be able to get that thing dam close to the surface and completely flat... I have messed with the height of mine and have had no problems making the light flat... You just have to mess with all three elbows (or screw joints...) Although to be honest I have not tried to see how low I could get it. If you can't get it that low, you may have the tank too close to the wall not allowing the arms to go back far enough. Play around with it.

I think I am either going to cut the plastic rim and silicone the lamp to the aquarium or I am going to make a bracket to mount it to the wall.

I think its the rim around the inside of the aquarium that is allowing the light to tilt slightly. Or, I could just be paranoid.

Right now I have it sitting higher than my intended location to help acclimate my livestock to the much awesomer light.

Does anyone use a glass top or eggcrate or something on top of their aquarium?

Ok I think the mix up here is between the VIPER and the K2 viper..... I have the K2 that has a fan built in. The fan TOTAL restricts the lights lowering ability. The standard Viper can get low but not the K2 ( with fan ) kinda hard..

2yzg75j.jpg

hope this helps out :)

The box says K2 viper and it was brand new but I do not have the fan attachment.

I think maybe if I put the spacer inside the aquarium it might alleviate my concerns on tilt. I do like the idea of screwing things into my horrible landlords wall though.

Back