Kalkwasser Dosing

jam.jo

Hi! I have a 20 gallon fusion nuvo with 2 clownfish, and 1 BTA. I have a very low nutrient system. My tank was running for 3 months at a previous apartment and now I set it up in my new apartment, it's been running here for a month. My pH is all over the place from 7.9-8.3. I tried opening windows but it still fluctuates. Especially after I dose microbacter clean it drops to 7.9 and then comes back up to 8.0-8.2. My DkH tends to drop from 8.9-8.3 ish in a weeks time. I'm trying to stabilize my pH and DkH so I decided to do it with kalkwasser. I have 1 gallon mixed with 1/3 scoop of BRS Kalkwasser. I am just wondering without any corals in the tank"¦ but my DkH still drops (salinity is maintained at 35-36 with ATO and Apex) How much is okay to dose in a 20 gallon tank in 1 day at the low concentration mix of Kalk? I set it to 5 mL per day spread out with .5mL doses every half hour overnight. Is it not enough or too much to make a difference?

Just top off all evaporation with topoff water mixed at the ratio of 2 tsp kalk per gallon of ro/di water. Before starting, set your water parameters to agree with the ones in my sig line and it should prove a very stable system.

Just top off all evaporation with topoff water mixed at the ratio of 2 tsp kalk per gallon of ro/di water. Before starting, set your water parameters to agree with the ones in my sig line and it should prove a very stable system.

Exactly!

Back