Kent Phos Reactor VS TLF Phosban Reactor 150

Mike.B

Alright so I need 2 Phos reactors but I dont know which is better, I havent heard anything bad about the kent reactor and Im not sure if it flows upwards or not. The TLF phosban reactor is upward flowing but Ive heard there is some problems with it such as the top not screwing off right, not sure if it was the old model or not.

Is there any problems with either reactor and which is ultimately better and why?

The TLF Phosban reactor

The Kent Reactor

If you have either I would like to here your comments on pros of cons of it.

i am about to buy the TLF phosban reactor over the Kent mainly because the TLF comes with the ball valve so you can slow the flow if youd like....

Having a ball valve or not is not a selling feature to me because there both going plumbed in and Im using standard PVC ballvalves.

I went for the TLF ones because of it being cheaper, I've seen the Kent one and they are basiclly the same design. The TLF one works great for my and with the new design it takes like 10 seconds to open...

Rich

That's the old TLF reactor. The new one has a twist off top and softer rubber boots for the hose connections. I've never had any problems with it.

Trying to decide which is better is like comparing two different salad forks. They both work exactly the same but are slightly different.

The TLF is cheaper and comes with the valve that was the deciding factor for me. The valve it comes with is a lot easier to fine tune than a PVC ball valve so you might want to keep that in mind too.

Well sounds like everyones had great success with the new TLF reator.

Im thinken I'll go with TLF reactor.

I've been looking into getting a phosban reactor too. I've noticed my few acros just don't have the color like they should. Will removing all phosphates bring the color back?

I could definetly build one but I much rather have something nice and the DIY one is just plumbing pieces.

Yeah phosphates could be your problem but lighting could be too, you would be better off starting a new thread.

Back