Kessil A350/A360 for LPS/Zoa/Softie tank?

TulsaReefer

I'm setting up a new 200g mixed (non-sps) tank, 72L x 24X x 27H (DSA 200). Don't plan to do SPS this time around, but LPS, zoas and softies. I've always used T5s in past but was considering LED this time around.

There seem to be many LED options, but I'm really drawn to the Kessil for the shimmer effect, something I really like but have never had with using T5s.

I'm torn between saving a little and going with older A350s over the controllable A360 for the difference in cost of about $130 per unit. It would be nice to have a ramp up effect for morning, evening, but I'm not sure it's worth the price difference. Was thinking if I went with the A350s just having one of them come on early and have the other two turn on a little later. I see the latest A360W(E) is supposed to be brighter, but I'm not sure if I really need the extra light considering what I'm planning to keep. Has anyone experienced the difference between A350 and A360(E), is the E version noticeably brighter?

Also, any opinions on the Wide or Narrow version for a 27" deep tank? It's an in-wall build, so I can hang lights as high as I want in my fish room (9' ceilings). But I'm assuming the higher you hang them the more light you lose as well, so I'm just not sure if it would be better to go with the wide or hang the narrow a little higher?

i have 3 360we on my 180...72x24x24 and love em. they are plugged into an apex so i wanted the 360. if your gonna use a controller i believe the extra dough spent is worth it. because of your depth you might wanna do the 360n.

I use 3 a360we over my 72x24x24 and I love them. I hang them about 6 inches off the water -maxing them at 75% intensity and they are very bright. I believe greater then 24 inches deep and the narrow may be recommended (kessil has a nice chart on thier website). I run the kessil controller with mine which is awesome that would be the only drawback between the 350 and 360 imo.

I think I'll just go for it and get 3 of the A360WE. My wife reminded me that after spending quite a bit of time and money on building a fish room in our new house and in-wall tank it would seem to be a bit short sighted to go low end on the lights now.

So now the question is should I get the ALC module for my ReefKeeper Elite, or just the Kessil controller. In the end both are around $100 (module and cables for ReefKeeper). Anyone have any reason one might be better than another?

I have acl module. The only thing is that the light doesn't turn on for the first 10 percent of intensity. But then it Ramps up fine. I guess it has to do something with the voltage that the acl puts out to the kessil.

Back