Kessil AP 700 Owners Gather Here!

I'm using the slight diffusers on two AP700's. I have a shallow tank and noticed some hot spots and wanted to tame them and that's exactly what they did for me. Reduced shimmer a little, but not too much (i love the shimmer). Lights are about 10" from the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using the slight diffusers on two AP700's. I have a shallow tank and noticed some hot spots and wanted to tame them and that's exactly what they did for me. Reduced shimmer a little, but not too much (i love the shimmer). Lights are about 10" from the water.

I like the shimmer as well but jsince I'm wanting a dominated sps tank maybe I should blend the light more.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yeah, if your light(s) are closer to the tank, then getting the diffusers is the best bet. If you have the room to raise the lights a little, that could be a compromise? They don't help with shadowing, but they really help to blend the light even more.

Yeah, if your light(s) are closer to the tank, then getting the diffusers is the best bet. If you have the room to raise the lights a little, that could be a compromise? They don't help with shadowing, but they really help to blend the light even more.
No room to raise the light I have them under a canopy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hey All,

I have an ap700 on the way for my 50.3 waterbox. Tank is going to be softie/lps dominated with a clam and maybe one or two simple SPS. Any suggestions for settings? Dimensions of the display part of the tank is 36" long and 14" wide. How high do you all recommend? Will I have a serious light spillage problem? Would love to avoid that. I have ran kessil a160s and am used to that spillage....is the ap700 worse?

Thanks all!

I'm slowly increasing my intensity to my AP700 on my RSR250. People in a different thread suggested that I should max out around 50-60%. I'm currently at 38% and slowly increasing it by 2-4% a week.

Rumor has it that Santa is going to bring me a gift in the form of a 24" ATI T5 hybrid. How would/should I go about acclimating my corals to the new T5s? Shuggestions on how long I should keep my T5s on once the coral is acclimated?

I'm slowly increasing my intensity to my AP700 on my RSR250. People in a different thread suggested that I should max out around 50-60%. I'm currently at 38% and slowly increasing it by 2-4% a week.

Rumor has it that Santa is going to bring me a gift in the form of a 24" ATI T5 hybrid. How would/should I go about acclimating my corals to the new T5s? Shuggestions on how long I should keep my T5s on once the coral is acclimated?
I have 2 on a reefer 525xl at 70%. Would go up more except some corals near the top wouldn't like it.

I have 2 on 6ft i have clam at the bottom and sps at the top lots of softies too. I keep 85% above 10in. Keep ocean blue 2 color i think which is more blue.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Last post on previous page, didn't want it to get lost...

Hey All,

I have an ap700 on the way for my 50.3 waterbox. Tank is going to be softie/lps dominated with a clam and maybe one or two simple SPS. Any suggestions for settings? Dimensions of the display part of the tank is 36" long and 14" wide. How high do you all recommend? Will I have a serious light spillage problem? Would love to avoid that. I have ran kessil a160s and am used to that spillage....is the ap700 worse?

I think with what I want to keep, I would be looking at 7-8" off the surface running the light at about 40%.

Would love any input for this size tank.

Thanks!

Last post on previous page, didn't want it to get lost...

Hey All,

I think with what I want to keep, I would be looking at 7-8" off the surface running the light at about 40%.

Would love any input for this size tank.

Thanks!

I think that 7-9" would be ideal to avoid spill. I have a RSR250 (36x20x20) which is somewhat similar to yours. I have mine up about 9" from the waterline. I don't get that much spill. I'm currently at 38% max and slowly climbing. All my LPS are very happy and they were even happy at 25%. My SPS are starting to show signs of more growth now that I have increased the intensity. I

I'm not near my AP700 at the moment, so I cannot give you exact numbers. But I'm pretty sure I ram up to about 9:00 on the app color wheel. It's a little more white than some like, but I get tired of all blue all the time.

Interesting, my mindset was hopefully to simulate a sunrise sunset in terms of color and intensity over the course of 9 or 10 hours. I will have to mess around with it to see what looks/works best. I have only ever had one intensity and one color throughout the entire day, so its new for me.

Interesting, my mindset was hopefully to simulate a sunrise sunset in terms of color and intensity over the course of 9 or 10 hours. I will have to mess around with it to see what looks/works best. I have only ever had one intensity and one color throughout the entire day, so its new for me.

I simulate sun rise/set with my tank. I start all blue and then get to max intensity about 2 hours later and then about 90 minutes before it goes off I ramp it down.

Last edited:
Great stuff, this would be something I would do. Looking forward to getting this light. Love the fact that its all controlled with the app as well. Like not having an extra piece of equipment like the controller for the 160we's

Great stuff, this would be something I would do. Looking forward to getting this light. Love the fact that its all controlled with the app as well. Like not having an extra piece of equipment like the controller for the 160we's

I LOVE this light! My SPS is growing, but after looking at the BRS videos, I'm adding some T5s and going the hybrid route.

Hey all,

I created a program to simulate sunrise sunset for my 50g. On the last dot of the program, i have the light going to zero intensity, hence during it off I thought. The fan continues to run throughout the night. I am assuming because the Kessil is not actually turning off and is just on 0% intensity. How do I have the kessil turn off at the end of my program?

Thanks!

Hey all,

I created a program to simulate sunrise sunset for my 50g. On the last dot of the program, i have the light going to zero intensity, hence during it off I thought. The fan continues to run throughout the night. I am assuming because the Kessil is not actually turning off and is just on 0% intensity. How do I have the kessil turn off at the end of my program?

Thanks!
I believe the fans run no matter what.

Back