Know anything about Coral Frenzy food?

ultimatemusky

I have not seen anyone comment on this, if anyone uses this let me know. Says it contains oyster larvae, salmon roe, fish protein, rotifers, copepods, daphnia, dunaliella salina, spirolina, schizochytrium, haematococcus pluvialis, and a partridge in a pear tree. Well maybe not the last part, but looking for any opinions just the same.

Many of those ingredients are fine. I make my own coral food, but that sounds fairly interesting. I would do a bit of research on the less familiar names, though. :)

IMO...I would watch out for the partridge in a pear tree. Make sure its not Danny....he's a trouble maker

:dance: :dance: :dance:

A person I know swears by the stuff. He has started a small reef store out of his home and is selling it, so he probably is in it for a profit I'm sure. www.coralfrenzy.com is the site on the stuff.

Last edited:
I use it and it is great. When I feed everyone comes running. It is incredible. I have a 46 gal tank and use 1/4 tsp dissolved in tank water 3 times per week.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12264036#post12264036 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bertoni
Many of those ingredients are fine. I make my own coral food, but that sounds fairly interesting. I would do a bit of research on the less familiar names, though. :)

care to share your recipe?

I'll wait to see if anyone else has as much praise as DLANDINO does. However if my bubble coral or frogspawns come running I'm leaving the house.

Okay, that's a dry food. I stick more to frozen foods, but it might be fine.

My coral food is based on the recipe in this thread:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=176530

I tend to add a lot of fresh, uncleaned seafood, like oysters, clams, shrimp, and fish. I do remove a lot of the shrimp shell from the head, though. Some fresh squid and dried algae seem good, and I add frozen ingredients like Cylop-Eeze. I throw in some Golden Pearls for size variety, and some VibraGro for coloration, along with the usual bit of Selcon.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12264146#post12264146 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DLANDINO
I use it and it is great. When I feed everyone comes running. It is incredible. I have a 46 gal tank and use 1/4 tsp dissolved in tank water 3 times per week.

What corals do you have that come running ??

Oh.... do you have one of them new shoe corals ?? I hear there hard to get

movingshoe.jpg

Last edited:
I use Coral Frenzy. My corals (softies, LPS, zoas, mushrooms) seem to like it, and the fish like it, too. I found it one of the few foods my zoanthids react to. My ricordeas like it, too.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12264733#post12264733 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NewFish3
What corals do you have that come running ??

Oh.... do you have one of them new shoe corals ?? I hear there hard to get

movingshoe.jpg

HEY i saw one of those at the lps the other day!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12264381#post12264381 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bertoni
Okay, that's a dry food. I stick more to frozen foods, but it might be fine.

My coral food is based on the recipe in this thread:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=176530

I tend to add a lot of fresh, uncleaned seafood, like oysters, clams, shrimp, and fish. I do remove a lot of the shrimp shell from the head, though. Some fresh squid and dried algae seem good, and I add frozen ingredients like Cylop-Eeze. I throw in some Golden Pearls for size variety, and some VibraGro for coloration, along with the usual bit of Selcon.

any of Colonel Saunders's secret sauce in there too;)

Bertoni, thanks big time for sharing

Okay, cool I'll give it a try. Going to keep my eye out for a Nike shoe coral. FISH you get a little more creative every day. lol

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12265184#post12265184 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by matt880305
HEY i saw one of those at the lps the other day!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I can understand that--they usually end up putting their foot in their mouth:lol: :rollface: :lol:

why a running shoe---wouldn't a rubber swim fin or old mask be a little more appropriate

but then again if it was my old running shoe there would be enough in it for the corals to last without having to use Coral Frenzy:eek2:

BTW--newfish--is that your tank after spring cleaning?

If you use it make sure you use a phosban reactor. That stuff is loaded with phosphates. I used it for a while and wow, the algae I got. I think I'm better off without it.

I'm looking to get some dried food shipped over, and stumbled upon this thread. I was just getting excited until I saw prickles' comment.
Sadly, I dont have a phosban reactor and have been battling cyano and hair algae..... hmmm makes me think twice.

Back