Large group of Royal Grammas anyone?

Chihuahua6

Premium Member
Blown63Chevy I know you have a few. I plan to put about 20 in my 400. Can anyone tell me how they interact? Do they establish a pecking order? Do any pair up? Got any pics? These are absolutely my favorite fish. I can't wait to do this. They will be the first thing I add. I need to get the tank first which should be soon. I have one in my 30 cube and he's so entertaining.

RichConley

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7527963#post7527963 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jeremy Blaze
I put 6 in my 1200. 1 large and 5 small. Within 1 month, I was left with 1 pair.

Theres a tank at the new england aquarium that has about 100 of them. There doesnt seem to be any agression issues. The tank is set up like a cave, and is probably 6'x8' and 4 feet deep.

ruiny

I have seen them in groups diving in the Caribean. But never a group of 20, more like 5 to 10. Anyway I love the RG as well, I have one in my 280 gal.
If you try let us know how it works out.

Chihuahua6

Premium Member
Thanks for the input. Jeremy were your other Grammas killed off by the one male? Do you now have a mated pair? Perhaps a larger group would prevent this? I hope to hear from others who have been successful. The New England Aquarium setup sounds promising.

Ironsheikh

buy the basslets, pseudochromis book thats in the pet catalogs --i read it once, shows pics of them hanging out in cave overhangs. most ive had together was 2 but would do it again(they died of ich) ...and i'd try a brazilian gramma w/ the yellow/orange too

Jeremy Blaze

Former Reef Addict
I am not sure who did the killling. Just slowly, they disapeared. The two left seem to be a pair, they have a little cave they live in, and often see them showing off to each other.

silversnake

not to change the subject but the one i have in my 100 gal tnk has built a nest. Anyone ever see this? Maybe I should start a new thread.