LARS meeting!! - How to set up an Apex - New location!! FREE FOOD!! nov 8th

Six2seven

Hello everyone!
The next LARS meeting will be Sunday November 8th at 6pm.

Topic: Setting up an Neptune Apex.

Many people do not have their Apex set up correctly. Some of you bought the apex for all that it does but have only set it up as an expensive timer. We will setting up an apex, step by step to an internet connection, and setting it up on apex fusion. We will have our computer on our LARS projector for everyone to see every detail clearly. If you have, have just bought, or are thinking of buying an Apex, this is a meeting you need to be at.

As part of the demonstration, we will be opening an APEX Jr, setting it up and will Raffles off the Apex Jr at the end of the meeting. Raffles tickets are $1 so you can win an APEX Jr for $1. Can't go wrong there. Don't miss out on this cool raffle prize and many others.

The LARS meeting will be at a new location for this month and new time 6pm. Ocean Marine Sales in Covina will be hosting us in their large back room for our presentation. We will have a BBQ with free food. Food TBD. Ocean Marine Sales has plenty of room for us all and plenty of parking and will be donating items including a Tank for our raffle.

A Piece of the Ocean will be donating an awesome frag pack for this months member raffle! If you guys bought coral from Matt at Reef-a-palooza then you know what kind of awesome coral he has.

Come on out and hang out with fellow reefers. Local clubs are a great place to network. We all have problems with our tanks and talking to other reefers might give you some ideas to make your tank better. Everyone is welcome, bring whomever you would like to accompany you. No pressure to join or participate.

We will have our club Frag Tank set up for members to sell/trade coral. Members will also have a chance at an exclusive free member raffle. Members also get to borrow the clubs new Par Meter! Sign up at the meeting. There is only one person on the list at the moment.

Ocean Marine Sales
1044 E Edna Place
Covina, CA 91724
Sunday November 8th at 6pm

Don't forget to check out our web site at www.LAreefsociety.org

803689d0-d91b-411a-b1d3-69b395367175_zpsa292f23e.png

LARS meeting!! - How to set up an Apex - New location!! FREE FOOD!! nov 8th

I'd like to go as long as I don't have to travel for work.

Im not a part of LARS but I am setting up a new tank for the first time in years and am looking into a apex controller. Looks interesting

Great idea on the topic, I remember the first time I setup an Apex I read through the entire unofficial guide. This could be a huge time saver, might even be a good idea to record the presentation and post it online on youtube.

I will try to be there for sure, not too far from me.

lol I remember the first setup and writing codes.. then Fusion came along. helped out so much.

looks like I have no excuse not to go anymore. this is right down the block from my house

People having been giving me access to their apex and I have learned a lot from different set ups. I have been able to help people with their programming as well.

So if anyone currently has an apex and would like to give me access it would be much appreciated. Just to see different set ups is a blast, you can allow access to view only.

Let me know, or add me at "six2seven"

bump. Who's coming?

I have been getting a lot of requests on how to program for service. Looks like a lot of people still unplug everything to do a water change. Come on out and I will walk through doing a water change without unplugging everything. The Apex is supposed to make your life easier, let us show you how.

Damn this is cool I just purchased an apex this week !!and been anxious to rip it open and install, but I think I'll wait till Sunday now:idea:

Back