last fish to put in my tank/ need help

emk09

In Memoriam
hey everyone,
im looking to put one or two more fish in my tank and to call it the end of adding fish and i want it to be something special. as of right now i have 2 black percs which host an anemone, 1 maroon clown which also host his own anemone and a bicolor angel which is full grow at about 4 inches.. its a 65 gallon tank and im looking for possibly a pair of something that will work with these fish and fit in the 65... any suggestions? thanks for the help :)

2 Chromis would be a nice addition. They are active and will probably pair up if you get just 2.
Or 1 royal gramma.
Do your clowns get along OK, just wondering?

the mandarin is a good idea... i would want to get a pair of them but i dont think a 65 gallon tank would have enough pods do you? the tank has been running for over a year and it is reef ready. i had a 20 gallon sump built for it which has a skimmer and live rock in it as well. any thoughts?

my clowns actually do get a long only because the anemones are on complete opposite sides of the tank and the only time the 2 black ones meet the maroon one is when feeding time comes along and by then they are to busy trying to get food, so no major problems at all! my maroon clown is actually a little spoiled because the RBTA it currently lives in split so it has two homes now :)

i like the chromis' idea as well but i think i want something with a little more character... you know what i mean

Carpenter's Wrasse: very brilliant color, able to defend himself from the maroon. If he's too genteel, try an orchid dottyback. A dottyback will fight the devil, if the devil crosses him.

And what about firefish and/or a mated pair of bangai cardinal? I think they could be a great addition!;-)

A pair of flasher wrasses such as carpenters or McCoskers would be nice. An orchid dottyback is one of the more genteel of the dottybacks but dottybacks and wrasses often do not mix well.

hey everyone,
thanks for your input... so far ive narrowed it down... im not going to go with the chromis, firefish, or cardinals... but i do like the idea of radiant wrasses, carpenter wrasses and McCoskers Wrasse.. these can all live in pairs correct? are there any other fish out there that are possible? thanks for your thoughts :)

thanks everyone... ill be looking more into the choices you have put forth to me... :) i apreciate the help

sorry for the double post :-(

a few things and questions on certain types of fish i could get a pair of...

1) are there any butterfly fish that will pair that will fit in my tank? i dont think so but im just throwing it out there

2) are there any dwarf angels that will pair in my tank? i have a bicolor and know that could potentially be a problem adding two other dwarfs in there... any thoughts?

3) any blennies or gobies that might pair?

thank you :)

Maybe a male-female pair of gobies....
Brownbarred gobies
Decorated gobies
Blackray gobies
Blackfinned Shrimp Gobies

These are the gobies can be kept in pairs and sometimes as conspecifics (such as the blackfinned), and are small enough for your system.

Not sure about blennies pairing up, maybe someone has some better info on that.
I don't think butterfly fish can be kept in pairs in your size system....i also think its too late to put any other angel inside your tank as you already have a species of angel, sorry.

Last edited:
thanks for the information silver fin.. dont be sorry at all, im glad you wrote what you did... it makes complete sense that the angels wouldnt work out because of the one i have now.. but the ideas about the gobies is a fantastic start... thank you for your input :)

Back