lawnmower blenny question

sanababit

i got a blenny last week and seems to be doing fine, he eats and hides, and eats and hides, and eats, well you get the point, anyways, i see he's opening and closing his gills very rapidly, this is since i got him, is it normal??? thats the only fish in a new tank 1 month old, got it to eat hair algae, parameters seem fine, i will retest tomorrow, got crabs and snails in there too, i dont see any spots on him or nothing. thanks

sana

after reading this, i went to go check out my blenny. I would say mine does the same thing. It seems that he breathes at a much more rapid pace than all of my other fish. I have had mine for years!

thanks guys, i was just wondering, i didnot qt him, just acclimated him and put him in tank, since i dont have any fish in there and im not going to put any i another week than this will be his qt time, i will set up some kind of tank to qt my fish, i need to read more on setting it up, can i use the water from my aquarium?, what else do i need? thanks

sana

You can us the water from your aquarium to set up the QT. For mine I just use a bare bottom tank with a bit of PVC for the fish to hide. It's easier to set up and take down. My lawnmower blenny also breathes funny. He is also the fattest fish I have seen.

Back