Lawnmower Blenny

gabegmonkey

My New Fish is the $hi+!!!

I've been having some Diatom and Hair Algae Problems in my 20 Gal tank so I bought a Lawnmower and He/She totally ate like 70 Percent of it last night/today while I was at work.

I find this fish super entertaining to watch as well.

yeah, my LMB is one of my favorites too. i think he spends as much or more time watching me as i do him. my guy likes to sit on snails half way up the side of the tank and graze.

I have one too and he's VERY entertaining! Do any of you ever suppliment their diet? If so what?

try some spirulina, or crush up some nori into small flakes. i've heard ( not tried ) that they'll go after algae wafers too.

My LMB eats just about anything, anything except what he was initially hired to take care of :D
Most people have trouble getting theirs to eat prepared foods. I guess I just got lucky.

Mine eats Nori off a clip ( he gets right in there with a Regal Tang & a Masked Spinefoot Rabbitfish) plus Formula 1 & 2 flake.

Mine seems to be eating the nori off of the clip too. My 'Pods are eating the parts that he doesn't get to... So I've taken to just laying the clip in the sand...

I can't find mine. He's been hiding for two weeks. I think he and my orchid dottyback have found thier own private cove somewhere.

LMBs are the greatest. I've got one in a clam tank and he actually lets me rub his head from time to time. A real personable fish.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7626652#post7626652 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RL321
Anyone have a pic so I can see what they look like?

Fish-Lawnmover-Blenny-00.jpg

Do they change colors to their surroundings?

When mine are under rocks he looks darker. When he is in the sand he looks lighter

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7619938#post7619938 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JENnKerry
My LMB eats just about anything, anything except what he was initially hired to take care of :D
:lol: Mine too. He is so entertaining though. I have an algae clip that hangs down through the feeding hole and he'll perch on that like a supermodel and wait for me to put in more nori.

91538lmb.jpg

As soon as I put nori out, my yellow tang and the blenny attack it like they've never eaten before.

What a couple of characters.

Back