LE Sunset monti placement.

BLKTANG

I got 4 LE montis last week,& the only one that isn't as bright is the Sunset,I got it 12" under 250w 10k Hammy.The superman,rainbow,& purple polyp seem to be great.

Just wanted to know where you guys are keeping yours at.

Aout 4" from the bottom of a 24" tank.. under an ATI 6x39W. My experience is that they do better under lower light. Even when they were under my 750W of MH in the main tank, they were toward the bottom.

I had the opposite from DaveJ. I accilmated mine since I run 400 watt halides. I started at the bottom of my 24 inch depth, then slowly went mid then top. Its about 6 inches from the surface and finally is starting to orange up in the edges. Thought I got ripped off since it was ugly green. =)

Mine was losing color low in the tank as well. I run 250 w 10 k reeflux and now have it about a foot or so away not quite directly underneath the bulb and has about gotten its full bright orange back and is doing well

I keep mine midway in the tank, under 400 watt 15 K halides. Since yours came from me, that should be a good place to keep yours. If you have 250s you may want to keep it up a little higher.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12232063#post12232063 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by phljess
I keep mine midway in the tank, under 400 watt 15 K halides. Since yours came from me, that should be a good place to keep yours. If you have 250s you may want to keep it up a little higher.

Thanks Phill,i got it about 12" directly under a 10k 250w Hammys.

Everything looks great.:D

Back