Leaking Tank

adamstipo

What does one do with a leaking tank??? I have a running 150 reef that has a very slight leak in one of the corners under the trim. It is maybe one drip per minute right now, but I am afraid that a little leak started will turn into a very big leak. What do I do??

a leaking tank is no tank that I would keep. I can't afford that amount of water ruining my floors. From what I've read, when leaks like those occur it costs upwards of 20k to repair the floors and everything else. 1000 for a new tank or whatever it costs is the route I would take but that's just me

The leak is in the bottom corner of the tank under the trim. I wouldn't be able to pinpoint it unless I removed the bottom trim.

It sounds like you're going to have to break it down. Before you do all that I would make absolutely sure that it's not running to that location from somewhere else.

It sounds like you're going to have to break it down. Before you do all that I would make absolutely sure that it's not running to that location from somewhere else.

That's what I am doing right now, just looking closely at where the water is actually coming from. Either way though, there is a leak somewhere so still no good.

i just put a 20g i used for a sump to the curb friday for the same exact reason... leak in bottom corner. i would do the exact same with a 150g with a leak

Back