LED Leaks from MACNA 2012

Can you go to MACNA and buy equipment/corals whatsoever ? Or is it strictly for stores or business ? Hope i make myself understand.
Would love to visit MACNA at least once, but so long trip from Argentina.

Thanks

Can you go to MACNA and buy equipment/corals whatsoever ? Or is it strictly for stores or business ? Hope i make myself understand.
Would love to visit MACNA at least once, but so long trip from Argentina.

Thanks

Went to my first MACNA last year in Iowa and almost every vendor had their products for sale. And there are plenty of booths selling every kind of coral. It was amazing! I think every hobbyist should make it there at least once.

I saw an interesting light fixture from ATI. T5 and LED combo fixture. Looks pretty cool. Most of these full LED fixtures produce borderline too much shimmer. (disco ball effect). New Radions look pretty cool though as do the new AI Sols.

patrick- you were at macna? So ati led/t5 light was there hugh? It looks promising but looks very expensive as well. Somewhere close to the $2000 range (converting euros). The new radion pro was there to hugh. Ecotechmarine has the specs for their new light on their website.
The one I am really curious about is kessil. Did they have any lights there like one that was dimmable through a third party controller maybe? Their facebook page suggests a big announcement is coming, supposibly before macna, maybe during macna. Anyways thanks for shimming in.

patrick- you were at macna? So ati led/t5 light was there hugh? It looks promising but looks very expensive as well. Somewhere close to the $2000 range (converting euros). The new radion pro was there to hugh. Ecotechmarine has the specs for their new light on their website.
The one I am really curious about is kessil. Did they have any lights there like one that was dimmable through a third party controller maybe? Their facebook page suggests a big announcement is coming, supposibly before macna, maybe during macna. Anyways thanks for shimming in.

Hi
I am still here. I went by the Kessil booth and they said the lights were only manually controllable. On the ATI, I hope they are not that expensive! I think the new Ecotech is around $800-$900 so I guess two of those would be about the same price.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Do we really need a remote control for a reef light, which you will lose or accidently drop in the water while doing a water change.
However you will be able to impress your guess when they come by that may be worth it. hmmm.

Buffalo- do i "need" a controller, no. Did i buy one because i wanted one, yes. Controlling lights is not the only thing my apex will be controlled to do. But either way I'm not going to go on a full rant about what a third party controller can do and the importance of whether or not someone "needs" it. I simply asked about a few products specifically for myself because i have a strong suspicion that a certain company by the name of kessil might be working on a controllable light. But thanks for your comment, i really appreciated it.

Patrick, the price of the ATI t5/led combo I just got off a German website (I think it was German) and just converted it to USA dollars from euros. And one of there cheaper units was $1800 or so dollars. The radion pro is listed to be $949 and seems to produce significantly more light than the regular radion according to their spec sheet.
Patrick I hope you bought some raffle tickets. I was checking out the prizes to be raffled off and their are some really nice prizes.

I may be looking in the wrong place but I'm disappointed thus far with the lack of news from MACNA.

yeah me too. I would have figured this site would have been lit up with information about new products and people being excited with what they have seen so far. Maybe its just too early.

yeah me too. I would have figured this site would have been lit up with information about new products and people being excited with what they have seen so far. Maybe its just too early.

It's because you don't have a lot of spare time after all day at conference, then going to dinners up to 11 pm....Then out and about Dallas after that!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

I'm also hoping to gear about the AI Director controller. Even their own website still shows a teaser image even tho macna is almost over.

Any news?

On a certain "reef building" website, there has been a decent amount of MACNA coverage with respect to new lighting.

I'm also hoping to gear about the AI Director controller. Even their own website still shows a teaser image even tho macna is almost over.

Any news?

For all the AI product popularity in the market, I've always felt their web site was in a word, to be kind, unimpressive. I've never understood how a company based on technology to differentiate themselves could have such a mediocre web site. Slow to release information and short on details all the time when new products are being released.

On kessils facebook page they said earlier in the week that they had two things they were going to announce. Then they said they were going to release two new you tube videos, and that they were attending macna. Then they said the videos were not product related. I guess one of them was about a store here in ca pretty much going all kessil. Never really saw, or could find the second video. I was hoping that they were going to announce a version of the A350 that was controllable by a third party controller. Looks like no luck.

Back