LED light

190 views and nobody has anything to say about this light. I dont need anything in detail i just want a simple thats good or bad or even an i dont know will work.

Never heard of the company, which does not mean a whole lot, but in cases where I am going to spend money on my reef I want to make sure I buy equipment once. IMO you should not go the cheapest rout for lights. I can't imagine that light will be able to cover your entire tank with the intensity you will need. Maybe this would be an ok option if it was a supplement light to MH or T5. There are some good combo MH and LED lights marine depot sales for a little over 300. I'll post a link if I find it.

Also how big is your tank?

It seems not enough for coral growing.
Not sure due to lack of details

Sent from Michael's Galaxy S3 using tapatalk

95% chance those are only 1 watt LEDS. There is a huge difference between running 1 watt or 3 watt LEDS. I would say they would be good for softies but that's about it. The lighting difference between the two is well worth the money to upgrade to the 3 watt fixtures.

Personally I would go with a unit that is dimmable. I bought a small 9 led set up and it was way to bright. The polyps I had in my nano were getting bleached out.

I would agree with Andrew from the picture those look like 1 watt diodes, more for supplementation or freshwater. +1 on a dimmable unit with 3 watt diodes

Now that I have looked at the description again I noticed that they aren't even 1 watt diodes it says 384 ho leds but only a total of 39 watts, so I would say look at something else

Now that I have looked at the description again I noticed that they aren't even 1 watt diodes it says 384 ho leds but only a total of 39 watts, so I would say look at something else

Yeah I saw this too. I did the math and that is barely a tenth of a watt per led. I just dont see how you would get and decent par numbers below the surface with that low of a wattage of led. Maybe I am wrong.

I have four AI (Aqua Illumination) LEDs on my 180 gallons SPS dominant system. I actually run them not more than 50% power. They are dimable and I have had them for 2 yrs now. No issues whatsoever (I don't even know if that's a word). They are expensive but in the long-run they are worth it. I was running 12-14 amps on my system and now am running 2-7 amps. That is a lot of electricity savings over 2 yrs. Hope this helps.

Alex

If you want something cheap, there are other LED fixtures out there people are having success with. The thread is called cheap chinese LEDs or something.

Thanks for the input everybody much appreciated. My tank is a 55g and would def like to make the switch to leds, but not willing to spend the money (atleast now anyway). I noticed the lower watt count, but noticed they were sayin higher par reading so wasnt really sure of it.

I would skip these and get something more adequate.
Check out the eshines. I have three fixtures and love them.

Back