led lighting for 55 gallon

robotman

so in a month or so when I get back from vacation is when im wanting to upgrade for 2 led lighting systems for my 55gal. what do you think is best for 800$ range total for 2? I see the ai sol lights and ive heard good reviews. but what else would be good? and is 2 sol great for growth? I know itll be much better then my 3 ati bulbs and 1 coralife 10,000k bulb, im running right now or should I just get a 6 bulb fixture and run 2 coral plus 1 blue plus 1 purple plus 2 actinic?

I think you should check out the kessil a360. insane shimmer, simple intensity adjustment. Unless you want something with a bit more in-depth control then I would go with hydra I hear those pretty nice. I also owned a aquaticlife expert series which was a very very nice light.

Last edited:
ive seen those in action but I like the idea of being able to control intesnities and colors at different times and night light, should I got with radion gen 2 instead on both sides? I know itll run 1200 but if that price didn't matter then would 2 radion gen 2 be over kill or should I stick to 2 hydra?

I think two gen 2s on a 55 would be overkill, but leaves you room for upgrading to a bigger tank one day. If not two hydras would look real nice and save you some money vs buying two gen 2s. But hey if money isn't an issue id get the gen 2s that's whats great about LEDs you can always dial them back, then you ever want to get a bigger tank you are still set.

I think that's what im going to do, I think 2 gen 2s would be perfect, but what % would I keep them at on a 4 foot long 55 gal? keep in mind im not getting these for another month around the end of june when my ati bulbs go out, and also whenever I do move into a bigger place, do you think 3 gen 2s would be good on a 6' foot long 210?

you will just have to play with it and see what your corals like, ive never had one but I would guess you wont even have to go past 50%. And yeah I think 3 would be fine for a 6ft. tank. post some pics when you get em!

you will just have to play with it and see what your corals like, ive never had one but I would guess you wont even have to go past 50%. And yeah I think 3 would be fine for a 6ft. tank. post some pics when you get em!

of course! im going to be stuck for hours deciding all the modes and options loL!

Back