LEDs for 12g cube

with only 12 gallons I would biuild one with roughly 3 Royal Blue 5 Watt LED's on a fixed driver 1,400ma for 14 Watts plus plus a dimmable 700 ma driver with 2 Royal Blues and 4 Neutral Whites for the addition of another 17 watts peak. Cost LED= $36.00, Drivers $35.00, And The heat shield Channel Alumnium $20. Total about $91.00

I don't think A kessil 150w would be super overkill. I have a radion over my 12 gal tank, and its dialed down a lot but it isnt overkill.

I don't think A kessil 150w would be super overkill. I have a radion over my 12 gal tank, and its dialed down a lot but it isnt overkill.

It all about how concerned you are about efficiency. Yes you take a 150 Watt Fixture and dial it down to run at say 15% of full power. You actually will get about 17% of the light it is capable of giving you or about the equivalent of a 25 watt fixture. But dependent on how they set up the driving circuits you could be using between 25 and 90 watts of electricity. Possibly loosing all your added efficiency by using LED's.

well here i am with a debacle. i have been really looking at the nanobox leds and thought that was the decision. but now i got a message for a kessil 150a w/ gooseneck for a pretty legit price. help!

also....set up the tank (got the rock, sand and rodi water in it...) set the rodi up last night to fill the bad boy, fell asleep and woke up with gallons of water on the floor....GREEAATTT

well here i am with a debacle. i have been really looking at the nanobox leds and thought that was the decision. but now i got a message for a kessil 150a w/ gooseneck for a pretty legit price. help!

also....set up the tank (got the rock, sand and rodi water in it...) set the rodi up last night to fill the bad boy, fell asleep and woke up with gallons of water on the floor....GREEAATTT

What are used Kessil A150's going for these days?

Might need some more.

Kessil's are goin for anywhere from $175-$220 with a gooseneck.

And I picked up the kessil, if I don't like it I could sell it and pick up another light no problem. My next one would probably be the nanobox

Kessil's are good and they have a real good C/S, covering defects even after warranty have expired, I guess I will try to put my 150 over my 12'' square Mr Aqua tank. To me I think it is too much.

Back