let's see those Pink Lemonade colonies

tsutaoka

I had a frag from James Lee of Aquascene, but it died in my tank crash of '07. I'm looking to see pictures of colonies to evaluate if frags are worth current prices.

I see you are from the bay area.If so drop by Atlantis,and see Ming or Joleen.He is selling frags all the time.Then you can see it first hand,can't do any better than that.;)

Ben, I am sorry to hear about your tank issues. That is never fun.
The largest colony I have ever seen is about 10x5. Here is mine that I wouldn't even call a colony.This was in November.
paletta005.jpg

Marko9 thanks for the pix

Marko9 thanks for the pix

mark, thanks for the picture. just a fyi...ben's my bro

great price PUGroyale

great price PUGroyale

i think i paid more than that when james was still in buisiness. in the bay area, ming @ atlantis has a 3/4" frag for $100; and rommel @ ultmate frags has tiny frags for $149.

i can't remember if it was a slow or fast grower.

It is med grower that likes to encrust. I would hit up the BAR forum. Mings frags are usually bigger than he advertises especially if you buy more than one.

atlantis is great

atlantis is great

mark, yes i like speaking with ming and going to atlantis. i go there a few times a month just to purchase my natural sea water ;)

but ever since my tank crash, i'm gun shy on the $100+ frags :(

Here's my start on a colony. Started off as a 3/4" frag about 5 months ago. Hasn't gained much height, but as Mark was saying, it definitely likes to encrust before it starts going upwards. Hopefully with a little more time, I'd like to start another frag in a lower light area to be able to have a colony with the greener body coloration:

245239656-L.jpg

I understand. The hard part is after you make that first $100 purchase, there are usually many more :)

Ming likes to see me come through the door. I make it worth the drive.

my favorite frag in my tank, got a 1" frag from Ming a few months back and it has really started to encrust, well worth the money imho

Hello, I received the frag from Ming@Atlantis. Sorry I am unable to correctly represent the color of this beautiful coral.
The second picture is the closest to the true look.
Regardless, this is one of my favorites! Hot pink coralites from the top down...love it!

a>

" title="pink lemonade shades of fall frag

a>

a>

Last edited:
Back