Lets See Your Armor Of God Polyps!

i wish i had a pic of mine. i have a frag of two polyps that are just huge and gorgeous! and its sprouting two babies. yippie!!

do you have any?

An old pic. Might take some new ones this evening.

aog.jpg

Any picture only under 10K or 14k ? those look like the are under a lot of actinics. if I'm wrong then those are some awsome zoos.

That is 2x250 14k Hamilton with only 2x96 actinic. No white balance adjustment on that pic, if I remember right. Just straight out of the camera, Then cropped and autobalanced on MS Photo Editor.

Mr. Ugly... Why do your pics on zoaid.com seem to have different patterns. The one above looks completely different to me than the other shots you took.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7509798#post7509798 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Azurel
How big a poylp is that? LIke a pencil eraser size or much bigger?
ones i have seen have red parts the size of dimes or bigger,

Yoshio... what lighting is the 2nd pic in. Mine look more orange with more actinics. I really like the 2nd pic.

My polyps are decent size, definitely larger than the average zoanthid, but not quite as big as my PPEs.

I tried toget a picture of mine but the camera died.....Well I just got mine today from shipping and they are kinda tiny. So I was wondering what size they get to.....These look just like that, but the size of an eraser...So They might get bigger as they acclimate, I will have pictures tomorrow.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7509798#post7509798 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Azurel
How big a poylp is that? LIke a pencil eraser size or much bigger?
I think I'd have to say a little bigger than pencil eraser for the center. I'll look tonight.

About same size as an Armageddon?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7509875#post7509875 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cowcio
Mr. Ugly... Why do your pics on zoaid.com seem to have different patterns. The one above looks completely different to me than the other shots you took.
Pattern on the AoG can vary. That pic was of a polyp that was less splotchy than the others. Also took that pic at a different time, and had moved the zoa to a spot in the tank where I could get a better shot.

Here's an old pic that shows more of the colony, and also you can compare to Armageddons.

cousins.jpg

I think the closeup might be of the polyp just to the right of center.

Here's another pic. I lose track of which ones I've posted where.

DSCN0651.jpg

You can see that the camera white balance varies between the different pics.

Heres mine,i got them before they were named.They might be close,but im pretty sure they are them.They arent with me anymore but they were the size of quarters.
25714DSCN0778__600_x_450_.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7509836#post7509836 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cowcio
14k MH

AOGcrop.jpg

Those look closer to a zoa that came in around Spring of this year. One vendor called them Armageddon II's, and another called them Devil's Armor.... dunno what else!

These have dark centers. And a greenish mouth, if I remember right. Hard to tell from the pics.

Here are a couple sucky older pics I found of mine.
Sorry for the blur.

a2.jpg

DSCN1007b.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7510397#post7510397 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mr. Ugly
Those look closer to a zoa that came in around Spring of this year. One vendor called them Armageddon II's, and another called them Devil's Armor.... dunno what else!

These have dark centers. And a greenish mouth, if I remember right. Hard to tell from the pics.

I have those pinks to.

DSC00852cropfull.jpg

My AOG frag came from yoshio's colony that are posted above.

The armageddon II's are from Ultimatefrags.com

Hmm... I might have to take it back on the first pic posted.

That could be 20k w/ no actinics - in a tank of someone I traded to.

I'd been running Hamilton 14k up until about 3 weeks ago.

Back