Letting the cats out of the bag: (The Triology) - My new project, the 150 gallon tank

Yeah I thought of adding a fuge, just to feed pods into the system and maybe grow some macro for the tangs, but then the refugium would have to sit way higher than the tank so the pods will be gravity fed into the aquarium and not get chopped up by the pump or go through the U.V., plus I would of had spend more on the electric by adding another pump and another light to run the fuge.
Danny

I've read that the pods generally don't get hurt by the pumps, probably depends on the type of pump too. The UV might be a problem though if a lot of your return water is flowing through it. I have my UV off a tee in my return line that feeds the fuge, so I am only frying the pods that would get shuttled back into the fuge.

Oh - several of my fish really love cheato out of my fuge. I have a sailfin, a blond naso and a scribbled rabbitfish that all eat cheato. They also eat spinach and just about any other greens I put in there...

Thanks, give me about a month to get everything situated and we'll talk about getting everyone to come over.
Danny

Back