Lettuce sea slug to maintain bryopsis?

gimmiks

Does anyone know where I can find lettuce sea slugs locally. Or have you tried them to battle or maintain bryopsis.

Also would they be safe around my melanurus wrasse .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dose your tank with fluconazole to kill the bryopsis. Very safe and I'd say 99% effective.
There's a chance it'll come back after the first dose. You can do a double tap and do a second dose to really make sure it's completely out.

It's easily accessible under the name Reef Flux.

Dose your tank with fluconazole to kill the bryopsis. Very safe and I'd say 99% effective.
There's a chance it'll come back after the first dose. You can do a double tap and do a second dose to really make sure it's completely out.

It's easily accessible under the name Reef Flux.

I was and am a big fan of fluconazole, unfortunately it seems like it eliminates it and weeks later it comes back. I've tried running it for 1 week then 2 weeks then 3 weeks straight .unfortunately it seems to keep coming back . The more I watch my nutrients the slower it comes back but eventually it comes back .

I agree with [MENTION=336013]pa1ntbru5h[/MENTION]. Granted both the sea slug and the reef flux are just band aids but the reeflux band aid has neosporin on steroids. Lol. Either way, if it keeps coming back, it's a sign of a bigger issue. Wen i used reef flux to combat bryopsis and gha, i changed out the old filter media on my rodi, shortened my light schedule by 1 hr, cut down on heavy feedings and went back to more frequent water changes. My tank has been nuisance algae free ever since. Good luck with whatever u decide to do.

I agree with [MENTION=336013]pa1ntbru5h[/MENTION]. Granted both the sea slug and the reef flux are just band aids but the reeflux band aid has neosporin on steroids. Lol. Either way, if it keeps coming back, it's a sign of a bigger issue. Wen i used reef flux to combat bryopsis and gha, i changed out the old filter media on my rodi, shortened my light schedule by 1 hr, cut down on heavy feedings and went back to more frequent water changes. My tank has been nuisance algae free ever since. Good luck with whatever u decide to do.

So I decided to do reef flux again just because I know it works and doesn't bother my sps much . I did notice I was able to keep it away for a bit longer by watching how much I fed. I'm just trying to figure out how to kill it down to the root. Or if I can't find something to do that then maybe I'll try the sea slugs to see if they can maintain it .

Thanks for the recommendations [emoji16]

I'e rain fluconazole for 6 weeks straight and when doing water changes would add the difference back into the system. This took out bryopsis for good, but yeah GHA comes and goes and when it does, make adjustments as others noted in here or if lazy another smaller round of flucon. good luck man!

I'e rain fluconazole for 6 weeks straight and when doing water changes would add the difference back into the system. This took out bryopsis for good, but yeah GHA comes and goes and when it does, make adjustments as others noted in here or if lazy another smaller round of flucon. good luck man!

Ima take this route and see what happens..thank you guys.

Back