LF: 48x18x20 75 gallon tank and stand

bboyvital

per the title. I am looking for a 75 gallon tank and stand. I failed and bought the T5 light before tank so the set up has to be at least 48 inches long. If its reef ready awesome, if not thats cool to. It doesnt need to be super starphire low iron ultra diamond edge blah blah either. Reefing on a budget. No round corners please. I prefer local but if i have to pick up in LA or OC i can. Please post pics or email to bboyvital@yahoo.com

thanks,

johnny
714 321 1312

you can get a way with a 60" tank with a 48" lighting. How many t5 bulbs is your fixture? I run a 36" retrofit 250w Radium and 2x 39w t5HO over my 48" tank with no problem.

its a 6 x 54 w t5. trying to get the depth my 40 breeder gave me with just a little more water volume. i dont think im ready for a big boy tank yet. I was considering a 55 gallon since the Petco $1 sale is going on but was hoping someone had a 75 sitting around taking up space. Are you happy with the 55 you have or do you wish you went a little bigger?

My 55g tank is about 18years old. Had it since 94 so it has lots of sentimental value. Plus I dont have space to setup a larger tank :( I still have a 120g 4x2x2 collecting dust. Try finding a tank dimension 48x24x20 :) about 90-100g range. it will go well with your light fixture.

i have never had acrylic before and i hear it scratches really easy. i would probably consider it if it was some super awesome deal that i would be an idiot to pass up but i would prefer glass. Since i dont plan an upgrade for a looooong time i would hate to have to buy a new tank a year down the line because i scratched the hell out of the acrylic.

I have a 55 acrylic in my garage thats 48", not drilled. Its tall but not wide. If you can't find anything you can always come and check it out.

back in the game huh?

working on it man. Just cant stay away. now that we have our own place i have an empty wall in the dining room asking for a distraction. Going to go with a sump this time. fingers crossed. Hopefully i dont flood the whole damn house..haha.

Hows the new place working out Johnny?

the new place is good. Besides the train coming by every so often its pretty quiet. i think i just might be getting a little too excited with having all this space (well compared to the one room we were renting..haha). im starting to look for things to build just cause i now have the space and freedom to do so. Im not very handy (yet) so hopefully i have all my limbs still next time i see you..haha.

Back