LF Ada tank

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14814223#post14814223 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ptr13
go through glasscages.com,prices are cheaper
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14814290#post14814290 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ILLiDaN
hows the quality and service from them?

I have heard of some horror stories about them ask around tank blowouts from a whole panel ect...... like the say you get what you pay for

just my .02

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14814343#post14814343 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Brian1980
I have heard of some horror stories about them ask around tank blowouts from a whole panel ect...... like the say you get what you pay for

just my .02

I have heard more chair rumours than anything else.

I think, (need to double check with wife) that she is putting in my tank order tomorrow from GC.

The only complaint that comes from and holds true about GC is a sloppier silicone job from overdoing and not under and compromising structrual integrity.

I do my research and found nothing for me not to get them.

Although I have read firsthand stories of sloppy workmanship and poor service from Glasscages and the occasional disaster, they have come a long way in the last couple years and people are happier with their tanks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14815356#post14815356 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jeff
Although I have read firsthand stories of sloppy workmanship and poor service from Glasscages and the occasional disaster, they have come a long way in the last couple years and people are happier with their tanks.

actually, I will back jeff on this big time, I did notice that customer satisfaction on a whole was increasing over time. (which is better than the typcial decreasing!)

If you are looking for an ADA, then I'm guessing you are looking for a flawless aquarium similar to an Elos (check into those at Premium Aquatics maybe, the Elos mini is actually more reasonably priced now) -- regardless of whether GC has upped their quality, I don't think they are a substitute for an ADA/Elos. You might try to find a planted tank forum equivalent to RC, as ADA is very big with the Amano scene.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14815755#post14815755 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mcliffy2
I don't think they are a substitute for an ADA/Elos. You might try to find a planted tank forum equivalent to RC, as ADA is very big with the Amano scene.

true, How much is a 48" elos going for? curious to find costs.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14815790#post14815790 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FiReBReTHa
true, How much is a 48" elos going for? curious to find costs.

woah, got my answer.

Filtra systems start at 1700 and go up to around 3k
quoting the elos rep himself.

the 55g is 1700, 127g is 3k

Elos is super pricy, I would also look into an A.G.E. tank - Elos quality, slightly less expensive. (their signature PVC bottom is also sweet)

Anything over 30g should come from a reputable tank maker. Think of it this way, would I really want to risk having X amount of water on my floor? Those few hundred bucks buy a nice security blanket at night, and peace of mind that no floor/electrical units will be exposed to excess amount of water.

Edit:Illidan - What size ADA were you looking for?

Start a thread asking about all glass quality? You will then be able to gauge about their quality. by all glass or from a more refutable source.

Back