LF Berghia Nudibranch

Biggar

Anyone know where I can get one?

After it eats all my atipasia, we can pass this guy around to other tanks

Who wants it next? lol

Found this info on the web, possible nudibranch killers would be your coral banded shrimp or maybe your hawkfish. Might be a good idea to buy a few :)

....."Any fish that aggressively hunts the live rock at night for food other than algae, including some Wrasses, Butterflyfish and some Dottybacks. It's hard to predict fish behavior. As a general rule if your fish spends a lot of time "hunting" your reef on a regular basis, especially at night, it is suspect for hunting Berghia.

Shrimp that scavenge at night: Peppermint shrimp are the worst, also Coral Banded shrimp and possibly Camel shrimp (does not include Cleaner or Fire shrimp).

Aggressive crabs that scavenge for food: Sally Lightfoot crabs, Arrow crabs, Pom Pom crabs, live rock crab hitchhikers and Emerald crabs that have no algae to eat (does not include Emerald crabs with algae available to eat or any Hermit crabs).

Also, Aiptasia may eat a Berghia nudibranch if it is accidentally dropped directly into the Aiptasias mouth area. So be careful when adding them to your tank."

I got mine from reef town in delray... It's worth the drive. Mine were laying eggs in the container they came in. I had a huge population before they started to disappear after they ate all my aiptaisias... I have a big cbs in my tank as well... (thats coming out as soon as I catch it lol)

FYI you need a colony of them to get the job done. They are colonial hunters that you may never see again after releasing them into your tank. It takes about 3 months and 3 generations of nudis before your aiptasia will start disappearing. Expect to buy about 5 or 6 to put in a 75 gallon tank. Let me know if you need any help

Last edited:
I got mine from reef town in delray... It's worth the drive. Mine were laying eggs in the container they came in. I had a huge population before they started to disappear after they ate all my aiptaisias... I have a big cbs in my tank as well... (thats coming out as soon as I catch it lol)

Are you saying that they kept breeding in your tank, that is why you had a huge population?

And they then died because there was no more food?

This is very interesting

Are you saying that they kept breeding in your tank, that is why you had a huge population?

And they then died because there was no more food?

This is very interesting

Exactly. The first ten won't make a dent in your aiptasia population. It will be the 3rd generation that gets rid of them. It takes about 3 months to get the population up and then they will be gone almost overnight. As far as catching them don't count on it. And don't count on seeing them often. They started showing up in my filter sock when the food ran out... I was trying to give them away and had no takers a couple months back.

I have to say: I eradicated my aptasia problem in less than nine days.

I bought two peppermint shrimp and they must love to eat these. Completely gone!

Back