LF: Local Seahorse seller

Correct. He has the best prices around and great selection of corals, mostly softies, zoas and LPS. His dry good prices can't be beat either. I buy my Bi-ionic 1 gallon size and Aquavitro salt mix from him.

He dips and drip acclimates all his fish and corals and dosen't like selling livestock that isn't healthy and eating.

The only exception there would be custom orders, like the seahorses where they would remain in their transit bag floating in his tanks, waiting for you to pick up.

I've seen his add's on CL, prices always looked good, but since I'm always sceptical with CL listings I have never checked him out. It is a store front or garage setup? Just might have to check him out if you guy's have delt with him before.

It's a garage, set up like a fish store. And also has a business license. Yeah I buy my b-ionic from him too I just bought a 2 polyp frag of rasta zoas from him for $15/polyp And it's doing great.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1317331365.963507.jpg

Hey Gresh, where do these guys like 6th Ave get them from then? If places like that import through who I've heard they supposedly do, I'd be stunned if they were dealing with breeders. It's been a few years since I was breeding them, but back then (maybe this was before the CITES listing) when I tried to get broodstock I had a hard time finding healthy ones through stores which is why I went with established CB specimens.

To get them you have to pay for CITES permits... there are a few large pen operations doing them now. Wilds still do come in though, and the pen raised are not much better then wild (in all respects they are wild)

Update: Wifes are funny. So we she wanted dark sand for her tank, but has been taling about not liking what we were able to find when we set it up. On Sat morning she was like, Can we change it to white?...... So off to the store and tank reset. Changed some of the rocks with our large DT and wow, what a difference. SHe love the new look. Time to see if there will be a new mini cycle. All live sand, most almost all the same water and rocks.

Tanks doing well now. No cycle after swapping to white sand and two water changes now. She got a small clam and the tank is all set (again). LOL she needs to hurry up and stop talking about them and pick the ones she want to care for.

Back