LF: MP40 wetside

minus9

Found a rusty magnet and need to replace one of my MP40's wetside. Anyone in the valley have a spare or an extra one willing to sell or trade? The only LFS near me wants $95 for one. Seems like everyone is out of stock currently. May have to order from MD?
I actually want to replace both, so if you're hoarding, now is your chance to free yourself.

Hi. Have you tried contacting ecotech? When my wetsides rusted out, I contacted them, sent pictures and proof of purchase and they were able to replace them for me. Though I had to ship the defective wetsides on my own cost it was worth it. Worth the shot if you have the time. And I noticed the magnets swell up if I clean in vinegar. Ever since I switch to using citric acid ive had no problems with them rusting out. Gluck

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Hi. Have you tried contacting ecotech? When my wetsides rusted out, I contacted them, sent pictures and proof of purchase and they were able to replace them for me. Though I had to ship the defective wetsides on my own cost it was worth it. Worth the shot if you have the time. And I noticed the magnets swell up if I clean in vinegar. Ever since I switch to using citric acid ive had no problems with them rusting out. Gluck

Would they replace a 3 or 4 year old wetside? I guess it's worth a shot. Yeah, I never soak pumps in vinegar and the only parts that go into citric acid are the cages (plastic parts). I only clean the magnets with tap water and a brush.

I'm gonna shoot you a text. If you're in a pinch I have one you can borrow until they are back in stock.

I'm gonna shoot you a text. If you're in a pinch I have one you can borrow until they are back in stock.

Thanks, but I ordered a new one to have as a backup. I really appreciate the offer though. How's the tank doing? Are you going with metal halide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There you go. I've always been impressed with their customer service. Same goes with neptune :)

Thanks, but I ordered a new one to have as a backup. I really appreciate the offer though. How's the tank doing? Are you going with metal halide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I'm going to stick with my G5s and add a few kessils to get the shimmer and white spectrum I'm looking for. I think it'll work very well, but we'll see!

No, I'm going to stick with my G5s and add a few kessils to get the shimmer and white spectrum I'm looking for. I think it'll work very well, but we'll see!

Nice! I'm going to pick up two Kessil 500x's and mount them about 18" or 20" with the 55 degree lenses and get a couple 36" Orphek bars to get the blue fill light. I'm going to redo my canopy soon with 8020, so it will look nicer and weigh less than the steel one I have now.
I think you'll be happy with the Kessil's, they are the only LED's that give you the metal halide shimmer. If you want a big monti colony for the new tank, lmk and I'll give you the one that's taking up the back of my tank? It really needs to be in a bigger tank on it's own. It's either M. danae or verrucosa, but it's a nice orange/pink with purple polyps (and green streaks).

Back