Lighting acclimate for my new frags !

Faisal1976us

Hi ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Today i bring four frags to my tank , i have 250w 14000k and i put my new frags in the top ! i dont have any free space to put it down ! , i run blue actinic 7 hours and 250w 4,5 hours , did you advice me to reduce the time ? and how ?

Thats exactly the type of lighting i have.. My sps are right at the top and under the light for about 9-10 hrs a day..power heads blowing in their general area....they love it

What lighting were they under? I would rather Light acclimate if they have been in shipping for few days...
To make it easier I build a small rack from eggcrate with some magnets on the side. when I get some frags I just put them on the rack low inthe tank and raise them higher over 2-3 weeks then move them on the rockwork. this way I don't have to have the space to acclimate or even bother reaching in the tank for each of the frags...

What I do is acclimate the water in the bags to your system first. Then after spa have cotton used to there new water conditions then place them in the tank under actincs only for the first day. Make sure to put them on the low side of the tank and raise them over time.

Back