lighting and sps

bandr1002

o.k. i am in the process of the upgrade, as of now i have a 60 gal reef with pc's 2@96 and 2@54 watts. i am going to a 75 gal with a 29 gal fuge. i have been looking into the lights and i am not sure that the following will do what i am wanting.

http://www.aquamartonline.com/01584_1_4_1584.html

i am not wanting MH due to heat, electric bill, and cost of replacement bulbs.

i will primarily be owning LPS, but i may want some SPS as well, will these lights do the trick for the SPS.
does anyone out there own these lights and what do you think of em. they do have individual reflectors, a major plus, and the lunar, also a plus.... any input is greatly appreciated!

I don't think the Nova Extreme has individual reflectors for each bulb, so it wouldn't be a great choice. You may want to check out the Tek fixture (Sunlight supply). I like reefgeek.com, they sell the fixture w/ bulbs so the cost is very competitive.

Tek is a nicer fixture overall, much better. You could probably get away with twin 175watt fixtures, placed high above the water.

Up to you.

The problem with the Tek is that there is no fan.

That will greatly reduce the life of your T5 bulb and also effect the PAR from the bulb.

If the Current has a fan, individual bulb reflectors, plus costs less and you get the bulbs with it.... then the Current would be a better choice.

going back to the original ??? will 8 t5 bulbs at 54 watts over a 75 gal tank be enough push for the sps (7.30 watts per gallon)

I have my sps in my tank in the top third of my tank and they are doing really well. The fixture I have is a Nova extreme 4 bulb 48" setup. I have been playing with bulbs lately to see how different things color up.

Back