Lighting choice for 125 Reef

Bluecrabber

Hi all,

Would appreciate some guidance and any suggestions anyone might have for heating options on a heater choice for a 125 gallon reef tank. Right now i think I have it narrowed to either the Aquatop Titanium Heater 400w or the Finnex Titanium 500w. I believe both have external controllers.

I initially was gunning for the Aquatop as it's a decent price at one of my LFS's. Found good reviews online. Then today a guy at a different LFS mentioned he has always had good experience with the Finnex and likes their design. Thing detracting me from it is the combo price of unit + probe is more than the Aquatop which I believe comes together. Also I have read lots of reviews of the Finnex leaking voltage into the tank. Definitely not looking for a jolt let alone frying my little fish friends...

Also open to any other ideas

Your threat is very confusing because the subject is about lighting but the post itself is about heaters.

I've got a hundred and 30 gallon tank and I've always used a 300 watt Eheim Jager. Works great. Although I do have a connected to an Apex for controlling it.

Whoops. Perfect reason why I shouldn’t post a thread right before going to bed lol.

Thank you for the suggestion on the Eheim!

Back