lighting for my 10 gallon nano

fishin710

I have a hood for my 10 gallon tank and it will take two tubular screw in bulbs. I have been told that I can use bulbs that will be sufficient for corals. I am curious if this is true. I want to grow some soft corals to start and maybe even add a fish or two. If anyone can recommend some bulbs that I could put it this hood or tell me if its even possible to grow corals with this setup please let me know. Or even if anyone has any lighting recommendations that would help me out if this setup wont work. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG952582.jpg
    IMG952582.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 0
i am not too familiar with those hoods, but i am sure any bulbs made for it will not suffice for growing corals

Corals nee as broad a spectrum of lighting for corals to grow from under 5000 K to over 15,000 K of mixed bulbs ranging in between.

You'd have to give us more of an idea on the type of coral you're looking to grow, or the budget you're looking to fit before we can make suggestions.

since I am new to the hobby I was going to stick to easy corals. polyps, zoa's, and maybe xenia. just until I get better equipment and of course a larger tank.

A standard T5 light setup should work good for you. Probably the most cost effective for that. I'd personally advise against the pulsing xenia, but to each their own.

Back