Lighting for new 35g Bowfront

bassking16

Looking for some suggestions for lighting on my 35G Bowfront tank. I don't have it up and running yet, and am not in a huge hurry. However, I wonder if anyone could suggest a good system for me. The light would have to be 24 inches wide. I am leaning towards T5 HO 4x24w, but may also consider a good PC unit as well. I'm trying to stay away from Halides due to cost.

I haven't completely decided what I'm going to keep in this tank, but it will either be a Clown / Nem tank (BTA's, Sabae, and Carpet) OR it may be just another mixed reef tank. Corals would include Shrooms, Zoas, and LPS.

If possible could you please post some full tank shots if you have a similar set-up?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have a 46 gallon bowfront. I started setting it up and then due to unrelated issues stopped. It sat dormant in the living room for like a year. I have now got it back started. Just ordered my clean up crew. Anyway I currently have a t5 2x39. I'm going to add another 39w and a 24 watt (due to the bow up front not being wide enough for another 39w). My bulbs are retrofit in a custom hood. Go with t5. I started with pc and there is no comparison. You have way more choices in bulb selection. I bought mine at reefgeek about 2 years ago. Good service, good product. For good lighting use 1-Aquablue, 1-UVL 75/25, 1-10k, and 1- ATI Blue Plus.

Thank You

Thank You

Thanks Jason. I've been leaning towards T5, and will more then likely go with a similar setup. This is my after Christmas project so I still have some time to shop around.
Thanks Again,
Dave

Back