Lighting HELP

MOB1224

I have a little 6 gal rimless that I would like to set up but I have no idea what I should do for lighting. I want to go with LED. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Look at a Par38 bulb. It uses a standard screw in base so you can look for lots of different mounting options

Lighting help

Lighting help

Hello, fellow reefers! I'm very new to the hobby. My tank has been up for about 1 yr to date. I've tried to keep corals both LPS & SPS for the past 6 months, but have been unsuccessful. Until about 2 weeks ago, knock on wood, I might have figured out part of the reasons why I haven't been successful; trace elements were too unstable. Now with a doser, Ive managed to keep a few birds net alive. However, I'm still having a hard time keeping montis and chalices alive despite getting a handle on the trace elements. I don't know if it's a placement and/or lighting issue.

I purchased a 48" Maxzpect Razor R420R 300W 16K LED and can't figure out how much percentage to run the whites and blues as well as their duration.

The light sits on my tank using the legs/stand they came with, which places the fixture approx 8 3/4" from my water line. My tank is 20" deep. Please help. Tired of killing these beautiful corals.

Hello, fellow reefers! I'm very new to the hobby. My tank has been up for about 1 yr to date. I've tried to keep corals both LPS & SPS for the past 6 months, but have been unsuccessful. Until about 2 weeks ago, knock on wood, I might have figured out part of the reasons why I haven't been successful; trace elements were too unstable. Now with a doser, Ive managed to keep a few birds net alive. However, I'm still having a hard time keeping montis and chalices alive despite getting a handle on the trace elements. I don't know if it's a placement and/or lighting issue.

I purchased a 48" Maxzpect Razor R420R 300W 16K LED and can't figure out how much percentage to run the whites and blues as well as their duration.

The light sits on my tank using the legs/stand they came with, which places the fixture approx 8 3/4" from my water line. My tank is 20" deep. Please help. Tired of killing these beautiful corals.

You might want to make your own post for this most people are going to look at the original post and answer that.

Back