lights for Red Sea Max reefer 170

I have started up my red sea max reefer 170 (the cube one) and have it with the phillips coralcare. To be honest, im a little underwhelmed by the light. They dont really let the colors of the corals pop. For instance my NY Knicks torch, looks like a normal 40 buck torch atm. Therefore i have decided to get a new light. So far I have researched and narrowed it down to the following 2:
- Red Sea Reefled (not sure if i need the 50 or 90?)
- Radion XR 15 (also not sure if i need the blue or pro?)

What are your opinions on these light and what about which version i would need. Keep in mind that id like my neoncolor coral to pop, but dont want my tank to be engulfed in blue light.

@SwissFragReefer uses ReefLEDs and perhaps can give some insight.

I have no experience with Radions but one of my LFS uses the blues and with the right tweaking gets unreal color

Had to look that term up lol. So this is definitely one of those LFS that has the “blue glow”. It’s kind of like looking at a bunch of highlighters in his tanks. I know when I buy something from his tanks, it will not look the same in my tank at all.

If you want to look at his stuff, his website is Matt's Corals & Service. The photos are realistic of what you would see in person, but like I said, would not look like that in my tank or likely most tanks.

To word it diefferently, his tanks have the “windex” look and for me is too blue, but would be great for sunrise/sunset actinics. I also think it depends on what schedule, as I know they can be set to a whiter look, he just doesn’t do it based on my experience

ah yes i see! My god these prices tho!! seems i should look into shipping into the US and just buy from my LFS. Looks like i could still make a profit even then ahaha.

Back