Litermeter3 output and top off module question

seagirl

I need a top off pump for dosing kalk water and was thinking about the LM3 but had a couple questions.

1. How many gallons per day can the liter meter pump?

2. Does anyone use the liter meter top off module? Does it work well, any issues? If i want to use the LM3 as my top-off pump do i have to buy the LM3 top off module or can i just plug the LM3 into a normal top off?

Thanks for any help

1. Max ~25 gallons, Min ~50 mL
2. I would recommend to get the top off module if you're already getting the LM3. It's fantastic.

You can still dose kalk without the top off module, just do a rough calculation of evaporation / day and set the LM3 to that rate. The module makes it easier though, in case the evap varies a bit. I set the LM3 to top off an amount that is a bit higher than daily evaporation, but less than it would take to overfill the tank, just as a safeguard. Then, with the top off in place, it doses only as needed.

I use the specturapure ultra precise ATO unit. It uses the same type of pump but runs independently of the LM3 unit. I have it see to top off limewater when the water level goes 1/10th of an inch down. You can also set the top off pump to pump at 10% of capacity. So I really have a kalk drip top off going on.

It has kept my alk very stable. Right now I only use the LM3 for calcium dosing and will add alk and mag if I find the need to.

I hate to cut in and deviate from the original question. Does one liter meter unit control dosing of alk, cal and mag

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14146922#post14146922 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by edenboy1
I hate to cut in and deviate from the original question. Does one liter meter unit control dosing of alk, cal and mag

Nope. You'd need one main LM3 unit plus 2 remote pumps for that.

one unit plus 1 outside pump makes 2 pumps for alk and ca - you don't need to dose mg just keep it up with a weekly or more addition.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14146922#post14146922 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by edenboy1

My liter meters have been the best investment I have made on my tank. I now do daily water changes, kalk, and 2 part additions using them.

Back