Little tiny worm like things?? Good or Bad??

pooh1989

Hi:

I'm new to posting but read here everyday and have many new things. Tonight I had turned my lights off for the evening and went looking with the flash light and found many tiny little worm like things crawling around the bottom of my tank. I have never seen these before and there were tons of them.
Are these good or bad for the tank? Should I be worried and if I should how do I get rid of them.

Thanks much

[welcome]

They sound like bristleworms.

Do they look like this?

54567worm.jpg

If so they are mostly harmless, just don't touch them or you'll get stung. I would recomend you use armlength gloves when introducing your hands into the tank.

No. They don't look anything like that. They are about (...) that long. Look more like the frozen mystic shrimp I feed but these are alive and moving all over the sand. Don't know if that's possible to have? Guess I'm too new. Bought the tank from a co-worker and have did tons of studying up on salt water but this is something I've never read about. Thanks for the help though.

Well then they now sound like copepods and amphipods, they are harmless and are good from your tank. They help with the cleaning a bit.

You are welcome, :thumbsup:

You could do a search of the photogallery here on rc for some detailed pics.

Back