little white thingys

kurt72

hello all. have had my tank set up for 3 months now: 10 lbs live rock, 6 pounds base rock, watchman goby, hermits and snails, one false percula(other one died, would NOT eat!!), Blood Red Fire Shrimp(died this morning).

3 wks ago i added some live rock rubble. within days i noticed some little white creatures living on the glass. that's the only place i see them. mainly by the heater. what are they? right now i can't use the search engine, and i have not seen any posts that look related to mine. please help!

yes, a couple things have died, but my levels are all at 0, with the exception of nitrates, 10. so it appears there is nothing toxic in the tank. i did not put anything in the tank until i was sure my tank went through the bio process.

as far as the Blood Red Fire Shrimp goes, i should have bought a iodine test kit. can't think of what else may have killed it. it was eating very, even last night. i did notice when i netted him out of the tank, it looked like it was in the process of molting. old skeleton was coming off. should also say it had motled once already. so i assumed(hate that word) it was ok. any input would be appreciated. thanks!!

little white creature pics.

little white creature pics.

one more thing, when i can, i will take some pics and post em. that is if someone out there knows for sure what the lil' white thingys are. thanks!!!

I assume they are kinda circular and all over the glass. That would make them tubeworms. This is normal for a tank your age and should be considered a good thing.

thanks

thanks

hard to tell from the pics on the that link you sent me. they are SOOO small. thanks!!!

Back