live rock forsale

i have liverock forsale im asking 4$ a pound theirs tons of zoo colonies on them plus encrusting sps it has nice colorno pericites or algie

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14187779#post14187779 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by firethefish
Isn't this the same rock you purchased on 12/31/08 for $125.00 from another member? Was there a problem with it?

Sorry - but this is just wrong.

Even if the man got the rock for free, he has the right to set whatever price he wants to for it. If someone buys it - So be it.

He can set whatever price he wants I don't care. I'm not even sure it's the same rock, that's why I asked the question. But if it is wouldn't you want to know that you are paying almost 3x more than it was purchased for 3 weeks earlier? I know I would. I thought this forum was to help each other out not rip each other off. "If someone buys it - so be it." Nice.

o and fire i didnt pay $125 for it i payed more than that and like chuck says i can sell it for how evermuch i want its some really nice rock and he was moveing so he had to let everything go really cheap!im not going anywere nor breaking down my tank before tomorrow so i dont need to let the rock go for have to get rid of now prices.and the rock is pending sale

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14189333#post14189333 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by firethefish
He can set whatever price he wants I don't care. I'm not even sure it's the same rock, that's why I asked the question. But if it is wouldn't you want to know that you are paying almost 3x more than it was purchased for 3 weeks earlier? I know I would. I thought this forum was to help each other out not rip each other off. "If someone buys it - so be it." Nice.

Dude - It's the American way. Fact of life, etc., etc.

Hey, did you know that the LFS that you just bought your last fish at paid pennies on the dollar for it compared to what you just paid for it?

Did you get ripped?

Tell you what:

If your brother ever sells you a 500 gal tank for $1.00 just because he doesn't want it anymore I'll buy it from you since I know that you then wouldn't charge me more than $1.00 for it.

Last edited:
Yeah, i guess your right. People purchasing homes for more than they're worth, banks approving loans when they shouldn't just to make money, total failure of our economy, ponzi schemes, etc. Yeah your right dude, it's the American Way. As long as I get mine screw everyone else, right? Why shouldn't it trickle down to the reefer. God knows that in order for us to participate in this hobby we all have tons of money and none of us are out of work. Life is good.

Oh, and about that LFS, last i heard it's called a business profit. Not too happy about the mark up either way but I can understand you need to mark up prices in order to run a business. If you want to purchase other members items, mark them up and resell them than maybe you should identify yourself as a business.

Sorry to hijack your thread Adrian, this would probably do better as it's own thread. Good luck with your sale.

I'm glad you've "seen the light".

When LFS's sell LR for $6+ per lb asking $4 per lb just isn't a rip no matter what he paid for it.

Whether he should be a "business" or not is another topic. The majority of sales in this forum could/should technically be a business sale.

quit hijacking the guys thread guys if he sells it for more or less does it realy matter its his and his right to ask whatever he wants and if someone buys it so be it if I needed my dad here telling me whats a good buy and whats not a good buy I would call him, thats what the reef natzies are for

P.S. can i get it all for the $125 price lol

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14190421#post14190421 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by firethefish
Yeah, I've seen the light. It's shining on a sign that reads "BUYER BEWARE".

BUYER BEWARE of what ? u make no sense last time i checked its my rock.If i got it for free and want to resell it thats my business.U have no say as to how much i payed for the rock nor how much i resell it for .everytime i try to sell anything to do with a reef i do fair prices and almost all of the time i have a price and it says obo,tell me what you got,or make me an offer.i have been helped out alot in this hobby and i do my best to help out other reefers.and im only asking 4 bucks a pound and im not firm on it i never am on any of my prices so please stop hijacking my thread. thanks adrian

O and mrx66699 pm me your number and we can talk about the price

Back