Liveaquaria/Dr F&S....

Stanley-Reefer

How can you ever not be satisfied with thier customer service--which for me has been "no questions asked" from the occaisional broken bulb or bulb that won't fire, forgetting part of a frozen food order that results in them sending you the portion they forgot the next day at NO charge to now refunding a matted filefish I got last Friday to eat aptaisia?!

It was a bit skinny when it came in. The other fish didnt mess with it at all because it's so different from them but it never ate corals, aptaisia or any food for that matter.

Anyway, it's policies and people like that behind every successful company and it takes a load of hesitation off internet specimens.

Even though I get wholesale prices I still order a lot from them less hassle, there is one sponsor on here that I ordered a bunch of t5's and a few would not fire and I had to pay postage to return them add in time was not worth the 15 bucks for the bulb .Foster and Smith would not hesitate to send out a replacement at there cost.

Yes, in my opinion they are world class. Every company makes mistakes, it is how those are rectified that makes all the difference.

Yes, in my opinion they are world class. Every company makes mistakes, it is how those are rectified that makes all the difference.

Exactly. That is the reason I use the vendors that I do -- mistakes are a fact of life (( even more so when livestock are involved )), how they are handled is what counts.

Last week in the reef section there was a thread with some complaints. To me their complaints did not seem reasonable though. To complain about what they think the fish measurement is off by 3/4" is silly. Especially when ordering from the LA section. Or about having fish that died or didnt eat. Stuff like that happens I dont care where you get the fish from. Someone could see a fish eat from the LFS and it would sometime take days for it to eat. Even then, F&S always make good of the situation even when its not warranted.(crediting b/c they think the fish is off by 3/4")

Last week in the reef section there was a thread with some complaints. To me their complaints did not seem reasonable though. To complain about what they think the fish measurement is off by 3/4" is silly. Especially when ordering from the LA section. Or about having fish that died or didnt eat. Stuff like that happens I dont care where you get the fish from. Someone could see a fish eat from the LFS and it would sometime take days for it to eat. Even then, F&S always make good of the situation even when its not warranted.(crediting b/c they think the fish is off by 3/4")

I was one of the people complaining about the fish being alot smaller than what I paid for. If I pay 59.00 for a 3-5" fish I expect that fish to be at least 3". The fish that I received should have been priced at 39.00. Maybe it was just a mistake on FS part but that is not my problem. I dont think it was unreasonable to ask for a credit. If it was your money you would probably do the same thing.

I think it live aquaria is the best How can you be a 14 day guarantee on fish and corals? I recently purchased a coral for 140 dollars and it died probably was my fault but live aquaria refunded my money no questions asked....

I love dealing with them!! they are soo good at their customer service that im afraid they are going to put all the LFS's out of buisness with there amazing warranties and gaurantees

Their customer service is great! We had ordered a coral and it broke into two pieces in transit...they refunded half the price.

The funniest story though was that we had ordered a trio of electric orange leg hermit crabs from DD and when we got our shipment, there were three little bags....of water. There were no hermit crabs. They offered to refund the money, but I really wanted those hermit crabs. They sent them out next available day no extra charge to us.

:lolspin:
I'm over it.

But it's always wise to consider other points of view. Big fish, little fish. Clean rock, coralline rock. Fowlr, reef. People have different ideas of what is desirable. Just because it doesn't agree with you doesn't necessarily mean it's silly.

Peace.

Back