Loading a tank in Dekalb.

yes but remember that Rods isnt what it used to be his FOOD is taking over, literally. and he hasn't had time, but while ur there and talking to him u will learn as much as u have on the forums from talking to him for an hour, very cool guy to talk to imo, also BUY SOME FOOD WHILE UR THERE! :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12271307#post12271307 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kmiec123
Anyone else surprised Tonya missed and opportunity to be a shrill?
:)

SUNUVA!

Hello, I will be in town Tomorrow night around PM to load the tank. the address is

333 south 7th street
Dekalb, Ill
South 7th/ corner of south 7th and prospect
My cell is 740-819-1383

If you will be available, it would be great. I am trying to get 4 guys to help. Know anyone else?

thanks to all who is lending a hand. The one thing I have always seen in this hobby over other ones is the willingness to help out total strangers with their tanks.

Again,

Thanks a million.

Joe

PM sent back. Tonya's a girly man but he should count for at least a half a person. Where's everyone else? Tom? Drrrttty Jr? Let's give this fellow Ohioan a hand.

heheh, Small world. When I was there 10-12?? years ago replacing a foundation wall, there was an Oceanic 180 sitting on the floor, filled 1/4 full. The kind lady offered the tank to me, but I didt take it because I already had a 125 and a 180 set up. I should be able to make it up there to help load, but ill see how my back holds out. FWIW, a few months back I got an AGA 180 off of a stand, out the door and into and out of my truck, by myself (maybe thats why my back never gets any better ;p). there were no stairs involved though.

I believe that there are about 6 stairs leading to the front door. The house is a converted old church. IMO, the best bet is a good refrigerator dollie. I might be able to bring one if you dont have one

I would be afraid of moving a tank on a dolly. Couldn't it stress the tank? According to Oceanic, it will weigh around 380 lbs.

I have moved a lot of 180s around. Usually by myself, and always with a dolly. (shrug). I dont know how it would be any more stressed with a dolly than it would be with 4 people. With a dolly, everything is distributed evenly, whereas 4 people lifting from different corners with different strengths and stepping down stairs unevenly... (shrug again).. Your tank and your call

See you guys tonight, My girly arms are not my problem, it's the incredible dislocating shoulder that hampers me ;)

Rod i'll probably head over to your place before the "moving" begins...

Back