lobster tank conversion

icutravis

i have recently aquired a marineland commercial lobster tank. i am guessing it to be about 110-120 gl. it is 24*24*48 in
i paid 100$ for it and everything looks to be in working order. it has a huge in line chiller the size of a window a/c unit with a thermostat that goes to 20F. it is in good shape but the bottom is fiberglass with the drainpan like set up.

i am sure i am describing this poorly! i was thinking of using the chiller on my other tank but its to big for me to hide under the stand of my other tank. so i am thinking of just setting it up as another marine tank but am not sure what to do about sandbed and drains and all that stuff. anybody ever done a conversion? i am sure i could come up with something on my own but if someonelse has done it before i would like to learn from them so as to avoid same problems they had.

thanx in advance all you guys are so great..

Pics would help us understand the setup, sounds interesting. I think the guys in the DIY forum might have some answers for you -- there are folks there that could mod a TV into a reef, given the right motivation.

It looks like a larger sized crushed coral bottom would work on the tank and I assume it can support live rock from the pictures in the manual. I believe you could have anything you want in the tank. Personally, I would do a seahorse tank. You have low flow and colder temps which seahorses require.

Back