Logistics Fail

Anything you put into the water that is submersible or water cooled inputs the watts used as heat.

2 150w heaters = 1 300w heater = 4 75w submersible pumps.

Can you rephrase? I have a 2 gang gfci box behind my tank. Right now I've got the 2 PC4s plugged in, and 2 open outlets. Do you plug the Ranco into one of the open outlets (in the wall), and then wire the powerstrip to the Ranco? Or am i not understanding what the Ranco does?

The ranco is an industrial temp controller. You can buy them without the wiring. I wire them so the output of the ranco is a power strip instead of just a socket. Ranco plugs straight into the wall and frees up sockets for other stuff. I don't like to load my reef controllers with a bunch of heaters.

Set your heaters thermostats to turn off at 80 if you are running the tank at 76. You can confirm the heaters shut off by putting them in a pitcher of water and using a float thermometer to set them at that temp.

The ranco is an industrial temp controller. You can buy them without the wiring. I wire them so the output of the ranco is a power strip instead of just a socket. Ranco plugs straight into the wall and frees up sockets for other stuff. I don't like to load my reef controllers with a bunch of heaters.

Set your heaters thermostats to turn off at 80 if you are running the tank at 76. You can confirm the heaters shut off by putting them in a pitcher of water and using a float thermometer to set them at that temp.

Excellent advice.

Back