Long Tentacle Anemone shrinking

h012.shaw

Hello, I have had this long Tentacle Anemone for a bit over a month now. Initially, it was doing very well, fully open, tentacles extended. For the last 2 weeks though, it's colouration has been diminishing and the tentacles have become stubby.

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Ph 8.0
Nitrate 3ppm
This is how it looked previously, I'll attach a current picture later.

On a side note, my Duncan coral has suddenly closed up as well, yet all the other corals are fine in the tank
306035abf831d4cb17e00f59dd41009b.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Were you able to get the updated pic? What is your Phosphate running at? Any changes to lighting at all? Have you noticed at damage to the foot? Sorry for so many questions but it could be a variety of different things.

Were you able to get the updated pic? What is your Phosphate running at? Any changes to lighting at all? Have you noticed at damage to the foot? Sorry for so many questions but it could be a variety of different things.
Sorry for the late response, thanks you for the help, I just noticed today that it's foot was damaged. Unfortunately, the nem deteriorated beyond recovery.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

It is possible that you also had some other variation in the chemistry of the water, so I know, these anemones require specialized care and are not easy to maintain.

Back