****Look here first for an ID...

i don't waste my time any more since they have probably have .001% of all the zoas out there.

disclaimer: I pulled that number from my you know where

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14486068#post14486068 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by the808state
i don't waste my time any more since they have probably have .001% of all the zoas out there.

disclaimer: I pulled that number from my you know where

+1

Interesting. Names change, corals change and look different depending on chemistry, lighting, and just general morphs... Although some are the same no matter what. Nuclear Greens, for instance.

I cant imagine that there are even more zoanthids an the coralpedia has. Thats nuts. Thanks for the links

There is definitely some good info here and really hard to narrow down and identify all the kinds of zoa's.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but this isn't really an ID site, but it exists to talk about the new generation cartoon named zoa$$$$ that everyone knows already!
The real scientific classification of zoanthids is still in it's progress and very messy at the moment!!! It will take a while to be in a good shape.

It's still acceptable to hear people trying to identify or call their favorite zoas by cartoon names. That's ok and I respect that, yes. With all the respect to you and not to be aggressive nor rude to anyone. That's not my intention and this is just a hobby!

Many serious hobbyists are not participating in forums nowadays because of the lack of seriousness and the overtake of the market, which is very sad! Cartoon IDs and the outrageous prices that comes with those names are a great part of the deal, so...

My point and bottom line is:
Unfortunately this whole "ID forum" contributes to the new priced $olitary polyp$ that you are paying for. The need of this forum is to avoid the thousands of posts about "fake" IDs in other forums. That's all. It's like a club and you know what? It needs to be here because it's out of hands already. It's a great way to have a healthy conversation about those names. Thank God for this forum!!!

The truth is spoken! You all should know that if someone tells you the truth is because that person cares for you! Therefore I should be called your friend.

Again, with all the respect... and I know many friends who enjoy the cartoon names. Nothing personal. Just the truth, so the newbies don't get caught in the web without warning.

Grandis.

Last edited:
Someone needs to build an ID site where you can click a color swatch of the skirt, click a color swatch of the ring, and click a colour swatch of the mouth then generate results based on that. Coral pedia doesn't save any time if you don't have the slightest idea of where to start.

Menace

Someone needs to build an ID site where you can click a color swatch of the skirt, click a color swatch of the ring, and click a colour swatch of the mouth then generate results based on that. Coral pedia doesn't save any time if you don't have the slightest idea of where to start.

Menace

see, now THAT would be awesome. i cant stand using coralpedia for that very reason. if you dont have a name to compare to something you bought or plan to buy then you have no idea where to start

Facebook has a group called Zoanthid ID. Join that group and post a picture for others to help ID

Back