look how ugly natural sunlight looks !!!!!

rbla51

there's a short time in the morning where the sun hits my tank directly.Normally im at work so ive never noticed it,,UGLY!

Attachments

• fish4.jpg
    fish4.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 0
Is a striking example of how ocean water depth changes the color temperature of the light. FWIW, as a long time diver, I have always been of the opinion that the lights most of us use are TOO blue. Most realistic light I ever used was a 10K. Got seduced by the look of the 14K though ...... :(

Is a striking example of how ocean water depth changes the color temperature of the light. FWIW, as a long time diver, I have always been of the opinion that the lights most of us use are TOO blue. Most realistic light I ever used was a 10K. Got seduced by the look of the 14K though ...... :(

I was just going to say the same thing. Take it under water and it is night and day different regardless of depth. Yeah, the corals at the crest but even then they are not the same.

Not many people consider the corals natural environment in regards to depth and color...

I guess it depends on the tank. I think mine looks better when direct sunlight is hitting it. Some of the colors really pop. :)

My old 65 gallon had part catch the morning sun. It's where my mushrooms were and they did awesome.

Back