look what i just found in my tank

marcus01

is this a nudi and if so what do i do with it.

nudi4.jpg

nudi3.jpg

nudi2.jpg

nudi1.jpg

Wow, rather large. Where EXACTLY did you find it? Did you find it in a coral which looks similar to the appendages on it's back?

to me it looks like either a sea cumber or a nudi... I've seen them in reef tanks without issues... me personally, I don't want either one in my tanks... it's up to you

I LOST HALF MY COLONY OF YELLOW POLYPS RECENTLY THEY JUST SEEMED TO BE DISAPERING AND ANOTHER ZOA SEEMS TO BE LOSING HEADS

Take your zoas out into a small cup of water and blast them with a turkey baster or shake them, and see if any more nudi's come off.

I'm thinking it's eating your zoas.

If you are losing things, then definately take it ou of the tank. I would check each coral that you are starting to lose and see if any other's are on there.

As for the relaxation goes... I would recommend the following:
1. Drive to Beer store.
2. Buy 12 pack (would recommend only a 6 pack.. but due to DUI laws.. it's safer to not drive back for another 6 pack)
3. Drive home... (Key is to make it home without drinking first 6 pack)
4. Drink and relax...

LOL

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11618410#post11618410 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jbaty
If you are losing things, then definately take it ou of the tank. I would check each coral that you are starting to lose and see if any other's are on there.

As for the relaxation goes... I would recommend the following:
1. Drive to Beer store.
2. Buy 12 pack (would recommend only a 6 pack.. but due to DUI laws.. it's safer to not drive back for another 6 pack)
3. Drive home... (Key is to make it home without drinking first 6 pack)
4. Drink and relax...

LOL

Now that sounds good and Im not even freakin out.

That is one nasty nudi. They're pretty, but IME they eat corals like they're at a buffet. I found several on a leather coral -- they were teeny, and had eaten holes right through the stalk! Get rid of it and definitely go back and look for it's posse. They rarely travel alone.

Cant be a cucumber. Cucumbers have tube feet like starfish. That thing have one big foot like nudi or slugs

-Dip in egg wash
-Dredge in flour
-season with old bay
-deep fry until golden brown
-enjoy with a glass of salt water

-Dip in egg wash
-Dredge in flour
-season with old bay
-deep fry until golden brown
-enjoy with a glass of salt water

NICE

Back