lookin for rare zoas

bsylv91

im interested in buying or trading for small 1-5 polyp frags of rarish zoas. i want to diversify the colors in my tank other than just green. im lookin for PPE, PD, AOG, the blue hornet things, blue steeles, etc... i live in stamford, CT and am lookin for someone close by to trade/buy from.

Gillundr

Kdocimo90 has tons of good stuff. I would check with him. I've gotten a lot from him and he is always super fair with prices and the frags are nice.

bsylv91

wow, im overwhelmed with my choices here. i dont really know where to start. ill start with kdocimo though bc we live in the same town lol. then i might work my way out to the other members. thanks alot guys.

bsylv91

ive got a question though... are rare zoas harder to take care of then like generic green ones? or are they all the same tolerance level. bc zoas are like the hardiest corals ive encountered.

FroMan

Insane in the Brain
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15471118#post15471118 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bsylv91
ive got a question though... are rare zoas harder to take care of then like generic green ones? or are they all the same tolerance level. bc zoas are like the hardiest corals ive encountered.

I don't know if they are less hardy, but they grow slower. I have a set of red zoa's they came on a square frag plug ~1 year ago. They have yet to run out of room on the plug and have not moved on to the rack.

fishkid6692

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15471331#post15471331 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kdocimo90
some zoas are known to melt but in general I would say that most zoas are pretty hardy.

+1

Gillundr

I would like to get my hands on some blue tubbs and some AoGs. I had some blue tubbs but my tiger pistol shrimp and YWG stole them. The shrimp and goby are out of my DT now and in there own little world so if you have any extra frags of those I'll take some.

bsylv91

i would like to take you up on that offer hellis but the meetings are way too far away. i wonder what the shipping would cost...

sdheath

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15477635#post15477635 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bsylv91
i would like to take you up on that offer hellis but the meetings are way too far away. i wonder what the shipping would cost...
If you want anything from hellis, you can always pick it up at my office in Shelton if that makes it easier for you.

bsylv91

actually yea that makes it really easy for me since i live like 20 mins from shelton... ill PM you and Hellis thanks alot.