Looking for a frag of this coral..

redvicki

Does any one have this coral or know where I could get a frag of it?

vbac62c544c.jpg

This is what the guy that has it told me.
It's an unusual euphyllia paradivisa aka Agu Thingy. I've given away dozens of frags and shipped it all over the USA. It was originally sold to me as a long tentacle plate coral about a twelve years ago and I still have an original colony.
It's his avatar on here. That's how I spotted it. When I ask him about a frag he said to check my local clubs and that there should be some around here.

Looks like a green tipped frog spawn to me. I have octo coral that looks similar. Should be spliting a new head soon. Looks alot like that same color, but it has more green spots on the ends than that one.

It is definitely some form of the agu thing, there is a couple of local members here that have some. This variation looks just a slight bit different than whats floating around here I believe, But very cool none the less. I have been trying to get a piece of it for almost three months though so you may have to get in line :D

i think i have 1 head about to be 2 but its going to be a long while before its fragable. its a slow grower in my tank. i got mine from pepino.... im pretty sure i was sold mine as a frogspawn, but have been told it looks exactly like the agu thingy.

here is a pic i would appreciate if anyone could tell me if it is really the agu thingy or not. its the back left corner of the pic on the frag rack.

261.jpg

I have given away several frags of the Agu thingy and the last time I fragged it, it fell apart in three pieces. One of those pieces died off for some strange reason and the other I gave away. I am now down to one small colony and will not be fragging it for a while. There should be plenty of it floating around in Saint Louis from the frags I gave away though;)

I have some but just fragged it about 2 months ago. I has doubled in size but I dont like to frag it to small. Im about ready to just needs to get alittle bigger yet. I do have about 3 people in line for it already.

Redvicki,
What is that coral in the back, middle of the picture? Is it some kind of purple or pink-tipped hammer? Let me know when you are ready to frag it, it looks awesome. I have a great looking bright green tipped hammer, a yellow-tipped torch, and several frogspawn that I could trade you. Also, Fade - put me down for 5th in line when you frag the agu thingy. I love the LPS that move around in the current. Maybe I should change my screen name to Euphyllia!!

Bruce

Are you asking about the picture of the frags in this thread? If so it's not my picture it's twizzlerman77. I do have a couple picture of my tank posted but not in this thread.

bprice, that is my picture. The coral you like is called a reverse hammer coral. I have seen it at quite a few lfs's. I got mine from gbecker, and he has a huge colony of it. I would try and shoot him a pm he's a nice guy. I'm pretty sure he will work something out with you way faster then i could its growing rather slow in my tank, but i havent had it that long either.

Tall jason the piece you gave me is agu from dave ?!?!?

It doesnt have any pink in it just very brightly oddly green?

I have to look at it better tonight!

Back